Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

My Labor Story And Pics!!

Well, I finally have a few minutes to spare. We have had a house full ever since we came home from the hospital.

My waters ruptured on the 17th. It was around 3pm and I had just left work (it was my last day before beginning maternity leave; talk about perfect timing!!) and I was walking through the grocery store. All of a sudden, I felt really wet and decided I should head home. So I checked out with what little I had in my cart and went home. About 5pm, I decided to call the hospital and find out if I should come in or not because at this point I was leaking pretty heavily. They told me to come on it and have things checked out. We arrived at the hospital about 6:30 that evening. I was only 2cm dilated though.

They admitted me and got me into my birthing room. About 3:30 the next morning, I was still dilated at 2cm, so they hooked me up to Pitocin. Sad By 7am, the contractions were started to get more intense and closer together. By 9am, I was begging for an epidural; the contractions were so close together and so intense that I couldn't catch a breath in between them. And I was ONLY 4cm dilated.

Things progressed very slowly throughout the day and finally around 6pm I was ready to push. I pushed for about an hour and half and just couldn't go anymore, so they had to suction my baby girl out. Cheyenne Grace made her arrival at 7:38pm on August 18th. 28 and half hours after my water ruptured. She was 6 lbs. 6.5 ozs and 20 inches long. She's a beauty!!!

After the delivery, things got very chaotic. The nurses were going to need my birthing room, so they wanted to move me to a post natal room. They got me up to use the restroom and when I got up I gushed a ton of blood everywhere. The nurses hadn't been massaging my uterus after delivery and expelling the blood slowly, so it ALL came out at once. I passed out on them several times. At one point, I was white as a ghost, my lips were blue and my heart rate dropped to 30. Of course, I remember nothing, but my poor husband was scared to death. Needless to say, I stayed in my birthing room that night.

The next day everything was fine and I got moved to the post natal room. They kept me an extra day just to make sure everything was going to be OK. All is well now, and baby and I are doing just great.

Now, what you all came here looking for. PICTURES!! I only have a couple downloaded from the camera, so I'll try to post more later.

Image cave is acting really funny today and I can't get anymore pictures uploaded into my account. I'll try again later if I get a minute.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 28th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
yay! cheyenne is adorable!!!!! what a sweet looking little baby Very Happy get some good rest and keep us updated with LOTS of pictures!
|

User Profile
Supporter
Thank You!
I just love happy endings! Weclome to hte world Cheyenne Grace! She is absolutely breathtaking form the one picture! Goch ,I rememebr going htrough exactly what you did 28 hours of labor, but hey c-sectioned me. My daughter was only 5 lbs 11 oz! She wore a Cabbage Patch Premie outfit home! She turns 24 next week...these kind of pics are so special to me and bring back so many happy memories. So happy you are ok and are doing well. Please keep us posted and send more pics! HUGS!
|

User Profile
Supporter
yeah you couldnt have picked a more pretty name as cheyenn
my oldest is cheyenne. she is a cutie hun.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
She looks so blissful sleeping there! Congrats to you on a long hard road!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
She's beautiful!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Congratulations! Welcome to the world Cheyenne Grace! She looks so tiny and precious! Hope you can get some well deserved rest. I bet you are glad it's all over and now you can see her and hold her and give her lots of love!
|

replied August 29th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Congrats on your new baby girl! She's beautiful!
|

Especially eHealthy
aww! what a cutie!

congrats! i demand more pictures!
|

Especially eHealthy
Ahhhh!!! Congratulationsssss!!!! I know you were ready for her to come!!

She is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

Get some rest, I know you need it!

Seeing her all wrapped up makes me want my new one NOW!!! lol!

Sarah
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...