User Profile
Recently my brother in law and his wife came to the house to ask my husband and I wheather could we look after they mom who was presently staying with them my husband and I first said yes but then when they started to say about stress both of us decide not to let her (my mother in law) stay with us, to compare my stress with theirs, ours is triple to make the story short, they were so angry at us for telling my mother in law about the idea, the gift that we gave to their unborn child was returned, they abhor us - so much so that the said they don't want to have anything to do with my husband and they are not accepting any gift from us, please tell me what to do as I'm VERY depressed that this have to happened. Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 28th, 2007
Advanced Support Team
it sounds like there was something expected of you. whether you are willing to take that upon yourself or not depends on your situation, and at the end, you are the best judge of that.

sometimes we can, and sometimes we cannot. this is a normal part of life.

you are not responsible for the way other people react towards your decisions. often, people will not approve of our decisions. you should ask yourself if you feel that you did the best that you could. if you feel that you did not, simply give it some time, and try to explain how you felt to the others, or perhaps make a different decision if the situation arises again.

in general it's not good to compare your problems with others. the grass is always greener on the other side. however .. look into your heart. you are the only one who can judge your actions.

may you find a peaceful solution.

best wishes.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply