Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Cancer Screening?

Hello... this may sound weird, but is there such thing as cancer analysis, where you get screened for cancer in general, not specific cancer? I heard this is recommended for people over 50, that they should do it periodically, but I'm not sure if I got the right information. It's supposed to be a two day thing with anesthesia, and I guess you get tested for cancer in your whole body?!? Anyone know if this is true?? Thanks guys!! Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 27th, 2007
Supporter
Hi
Never heard of this...............never heard of anything like it. doesn't' sound logically to me either. If you have a family history of cancer, as I do, for example, colon cancer, all of us run get our colonoscopies, skin cancer, dermotologist total body scan once a year......as for getting put to sleep and requiring a 2 day stay for cancer screen......this sounds fishy. I know xrays and blood test can pick up on certain cancers. Hope its not a get rich quick scam and folks are out there trying to scam innocent people out of money. If this is for real, would like to learn more about it......not that I would have it done. But.on the other hand if its legit and.....is preventative like going to the dentist, then I might consider it!
|

replied August 27th, 2007
Yeah, it sounds weird to me, too, that's why I asked because I never heard of this before. This actually isn't for me, but for a friend who mentioned something like that, and in her case, she doesn't really have any history of cancer, so this thing would be just to check everything out. Thanks for your reply and I'll keep you updated if I hear anything else about this Wink
|

User Profile
replied March 22nd, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Genome analysis and PET scan can be done.
However, different cancers have specific screening programmes.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Tags: Cancer, analysis
Quick Reply
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.