Medical Questions > Womens Health > Womens Conditions Forum

Question On Yeast Infections

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anxiety/stress can cause yeast infections. I have been very anxious lately over some symptoms that I have that came out of no where. I am extremely obsessed with my health at this moment. My Dr & Neurologist are saying that I have anxiety that is why I am having symptoms. My mother told me that stress can cause yeast infections. Is that true?

Also, I was placed on an antibiotic called Cipro for my stomach for 2weeks. Can that cause yeast too? I finished the meds about 2 wks before this yeast infection started.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 27th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Some antibiotics are definitely associated with yeast infections. I do not know if stress is linked to them or not, however.
|

replied August 28th, 2007
Thrush- Causes?
What actually causes yeast infections?!I know what they are but are there specific reasons for getting it? As in is it an STD?! Or can it just happen naturally?
In other words, I'm fairly certain i have thrush, painful burning when i pee, very itchy...,but before i go to my doctor i want to know theres at least a chance it wasn't caused by sex..
You can get non prescription meds for it also can't you? I know going to the doctor is the most sensible thing but I'd rather avoid the embarrassment if i can..My GP is a family friend and although i know she'd be completely confidential I'm still cringing at the thought of it..
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
Women naturally produce yeast and a yeast infection is basically an over-production of that yeast. We can over produce it naturally or because of some outside force (like antibiotics).

I think the only way it can be caused by sex is if you passed it to whoever you're sleeping with and they keep passing it back to you. There are OTC methods for treating a yeast infection, but compared to getting a prescription from a gynecologist, they are quite a bit of trouble. A gyno will probably just give you a pill, one pill maybe, whereas if you buy an OTC method you'll have to sleep with a cream in for days. It's messy and a hassle for most women.

You should avoid sex until treatment for it is over.
|

Yeast Infection Vs Uti
I'm not so sure now whether it is a yeast infection..
I read up on UTI symtoms and they seem to match more( I'm passing a tiny amount of blood when i pee which i have to do quite frequently and urgently, holding it in is agony..)
The thing thats still got me caught in between is that when it first started it was extremely itchy almost constantly.. but now the itch has faded a good deal and its mainly just the pain..
I've decided to just suck it up and make an appointment with my doctor though..don't want to go through anymore pain and it is for my own health's sake, no point in risking not finding out if is (touch wood..)something more serious..

p.s.- the bf has gone to New Zealand for 3 weeks! Sad So no danger there..
|

replied August 29th, 2007
it sounds like you might also have a bladder infection. i have gotten them many times and get the same pain when i have to pee, and i know you can NOT hold it in. i use AZO when it happens to me and you will feel relief within a half an hour. hope this helps.
|

replied September 4th, 2007
Relieved But Slightly Paranoid!!
Before i got the chance to go to the doctor(i was still putting it off even after deciding to go..) everything just stopped; the pain,the urgent need to pee, just everything,and i went back to my normal functional pain-free peeing self..Is that normal?! I highly doubt my immune system is that well equipped and i have niggling fears that maybe its moved on to something worse..When u had it (Dove7)did the same happen?
|
Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....