Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Anxiety's back after I came off Paxil - try Zoloft ?

I came off of paxil 2 1/2 years ago. Currently i having the same anxiety/depression symptoms I had before I went on paxil and during the withdrawl. I was considering going back on something, maybe zoloft.

Any comments or questions would help.

Also,

has anyone ever tried 5-htp?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 27th, 2007
I Feel Ya
I'm going through the same thing. Im 2 days into 5 HTP I've had some nightmares but no releif yet. Why dont you try a low dose of paxil again?
|

replied August 28th, 2007
Yeah the 5-htp was horrible for me. I was only on it one day and the side effects were already present. They seemed wores than the paxil side effects. Freakish nightmares and headaches. I had one of the craziest dreams I have ever had sunday night.

I may go on a low does of paxil 12mg or zoloft 12mg.
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...