I had a cough for more than a week. I took over the counter cough syrup, 1 bottle of Tylenol Cough and a bottle of Vicks 44. My cough subsided, but then the worst thing happened. When I coughed I couldn't breath at all. It was like drowning in my own air. I panicked, my whole family got scared. It got so bad one day that I finally went to a clinic. I had 104 in fever, my blood pressure was 150/116. The doctor didn't take chest xrays, he just took a look at my chart and decided to diagnose bronchitis. I have suffered with asthma my whole life. But I new this was different. He gave me a breathing treatment, a steroid injection and antibiotics. I went home and just prayed to God that this was going to work. Its been 4 days since my visit to the doctor and it hasn't gone away. I'm afraid to cough, thinking I might never breath again. Should I go back to a doctor? Or just wait it out some more?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 29th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Is this a dry or a wet cough?
|

User Profile
replied September 3rd, 2007
Experienced User
Vcd Attacks
Hey Texas,
You must go to http://cantbreathesuspectvcd.com/page4.htm l
I have both asthma and VCD, VCD was caused by sever reflux, heartburn, GERD what ever you want to call it!
If you are not getting any relief from asthma drugs and your O'2 stats are NORMAL, then it could be Vocal Cord Dysfuction. No matter how many steriods, nebulizers you take it will not solve the throat issue. You must see and ENT while in distress and be scoped, or see some speech therapists. Many hospitals (ER's) around the world don't know what VCD is and the difference between asthma and VCD.
Remember VCD will not kill you, its just scary and oxygen will open the air ways, so get to a hospital. ASTHMA how ever will kill you, so until you know the difference, go to the hospital, try not to panic.
Go to the above web site and check it out, it may help you
God Bless Texas (p.s i miss that band) WW
|
Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....