Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Pos Test then Neg Tests on same day, Am I Pregnant?

I had a positive yesterday on a clearblue digital around 4pm but then as we were so excited we went out bought some more tests. I did 2 more 1 on a asda own brand cheapy and another clearblue digirtal but they were both negative, Not really sure now, inbetween i did drink a pint of squash and the urine was much lighter. Any help would be appreciated. Also I have had lots of symptoms for about week and a half, dull ache constantly in my lower back and legs, sharp pain on my left side which lasted about an hour, runny nose and lots of discharge. Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 26th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
It sounds like you are pregnant if you got a positive test. Early on, the urine often needs to be concentrated to trigger a positive result. The new clearblue digital (the one that says results 5 days sooner or something like that on the box) is very sensitive, but other tests might not be as sensitive. First Response Early Results is also a sensitive test. Wait a day or 2 and test again. First morning urine usually has the highest concentration of the pregnancy hormone, so you may want to use that. Otherwise, try not to drink much and hold your urine over a 2-3 hour period, when the urine is concentrated looking and not clearish, it should be good to use.
|

Especially eHealthy
if you got a pasitive test then you ARE pregnant

positive tests are acurate

you might want to go have a blood test done?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
yes any positive test = pregnant! evn if u get a negative result after. you can always get a false negative bt never a false positive
|

User Profile
Experienced User
see the same thing happend to me i took a test yesterday and i got a second line...and not even a really light line it was a definate line (not as dark as the control line but still very there) so i decided to use first morning urine..well i got in at 2 am and made the mistake of peeing before i went to bed..i got up at 9 took the test but it was negative. not even a faint line at all. im assuming because i am only 2 days late for af and that i peed before i went to bed maybe that was the problem. ive read that fake positives CAN happen but its usually not the person but a problem with the test. ive had a couple things that seem to be symptoms like the metal/bloody taste in my mouth (yuck by the way!) and nausae and complete exhaustion and the obvious late period.

not sure what im going to do. i guess wait and see if i get my period at all and then test by wednesday morning if i dont.

anyways i am in the same exact postion you are.
|

Especially eHealthy
a fake positive CAN NOT happen
a fake negative can but if you have a line even if its faint then its positive and there is no way positive tests are wrong

however you can get an evap line if you let the test sit for too long. however if you did it right and got a positive then its NOT wrong
EVER
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
False positives are rare, but they do happen.

http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/falsepos itive.html

*edited to add another link*

http://www.justmommies.com/articles/false- positive-pregnancy-test.shtml

We also have a user here who trigger positive pregnancy tests because of cysts on her ovaries.
|

Especially eHealthy
False positives do happen. And if they are read after the time limit, they show up with an evaporation line. Some people think this is considered a positive test. It is not.
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...