Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Arthritis Forum

Numbness In the Palm of My Hand

Mostly at night while sleeping my right hand gets numb. Sometimes I feel like my hand is swollen and it hurts slightly. When I am awake the numbness goes away, but then suddenly it returns. Even if I am awake at times, just sitting or while having a shower, the numbness suddenly starts until I keep pressing my hand or running it under warm water. I also have spondylosis of my neck and when really stressed out I get sever pain on my left shoulder and full arm. But the numbness has never happended on my left hand only on my right hand palm only. Please help. Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper cpnair
|

User Profile
replied August 29th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I experience numbness in my hand when I had some neck issues going on. I experienced some nice re-alignment adjustments with a chiropractor. How did you treat the symptoms on the left side of your body before?
|

replied May 17th, 2010
Numbness in palm post delivery
i have numbness in my right palm. It has reappeared afrter almost five months, the first time being 3months post delivery. Doctor said only palm excercise in warm water can help. Painkillers are just temporary and cannot heal the numbness.

Ads23, India
|

User Profile
replied November 30th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
These features are suggestive of radiculopathy.
I would suggest you nerve conduction study to sort out the underlying cause.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Arthritis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.