Medical Questions > Debate Forums > General Debate Forum

An Interesting Little Bible Website. (Page 1)

Just read one of the articles.
It's called bibletruths.com.
I think that alot of you would get a kick out of it.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 23rd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: An Interesting Little Bible Website.
agathe wrote:
Just read one of the articles.
It's called bibletruths.com.
I think that alot of you would get a kick out of it.

??? Am I missing something or is my blondeness showing??
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Wow...I know some of you think I'm nuts about 9/11 theories, but I've got nothing on this guy...

God sent evil Arabs to punish America and it's all forseen in the Bible.
http://bible-truths.com/towers.htm
|

Experienced User
Told ya you get a kick out of it.
|

Experienced User
The myth of free will is also a good one.
And the origin of satan.
What else is this guy writing about.
The lucifer hoax is another one.
|

Experienced User
He also says that hell is another hoax.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
agathe wrote:
He also says that hell is another hoax.

Well, so far I agree with that one! Laughing

And this title is, well, interesting:
"You Fools! You Hypocrites! You Snakes!"
Why Jesus Used Scathing Sarcasm

"The natural mind is totally incapable of loving God"

I liked this letter someone wrote in, and then his reply:

Ray's site wrote:
Yes my friend, If they are not saved (sadly) they "shall like wise perish".

I believe that they are different degrees in Hell. The bible says that they are "Judged (punished) according to there deeds". I believe that a lost murder will suffer more in Hell, than someone who has never heard the gospel. I would hate to see someone die and go to hell, regardless of there situation,

That's why I have devoted my life to preach and warn them about hell so that they will not go there. Let US tell pray for them together.

A friend in Christ

Daniel

[Ray Replies]

So you believe someone who has NEVER HEARD THE GOSPEL will suffering pain, misery, heartache, despair, torture, mind-boggling insanity, for trillions and trillions and trillions and trillions of quadrillions of centuries, over and over and over, endless ...... For WHAT?

What kind of unscriptural insanity are you talking about. You are telling people that the god you worship is going to torture people, albeit not quite as severely as an unbelieving murder, for all eternity. This is a god that people should WORSHIP??? And I suppose you call this evil, satanic future of the human race, "The GOOD news?"

Sincerely,

Ray

Eh, some of the stuff isn't bad. Laughing
|

replied August 28th, 2007
Experienced User
It's entirely anti christian doctrine, anti enternal torture in hell, he desires the truth greatly, he's actually a very logical person and he makes some good points. Some of the letters are pretty cool, and actually have some good sane things to say.

I would recommend the "myth of free will" papers.

Hey birch, on the 911 paper, you didn't at least find the history of new york city part to be interesting? And the fact that ray, the man writing these papers is the descendant of Joris Jansen De Rapalje and Catelyntje Jeronimus Trico De Ralphaje, catelyntje being "the mother of new york".
That's pretty neato eh?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
agathe wrote:
It's entirely anti christian doctrine, anti enternal torture in hell, he desires the truth greatly, he's actually a very logical person and he makes some good points. Some of the letters are pretty cool, and actually have some good sane things to say.

I would recommend the "myth of free will" papers.

Hey birch, on the 911 paper, you didn't at least find the history of new york city part to be interesting? And the fact that ray, the man writing these papers is the descendant of Joris Jansen De Rapalje and Catelyntje Jeronimus Trico De Ralphaje, catelyntje being "the mother of new york".
That's pretty neato eh?

Oh, yeah, I thought it was all interesting! Just some of it hard to swallow.
|

Experienced User
Did you read(find) anything pertaining to his thoughts on the ages, eons, aions. He writes that the usage of the words eternal, everlasting, forevermore, and forever, are incorrect.

He writes that:

There was time BEFORE the aions (I Cor. 2:7, "BEFORE the eons").
God MADE the aions (Heb. 1:2, "MAKES the eons").
There were aions in the PAST (Col. 1:26, "hid FROM eons").
This PRESENT age is called an aion (Gal. 1:4, "the PRESENT wicked eon").
This PRESENT age will come to an END (Mat. 24:3, "The END [or conclusion] of the eon").
There is coming another aion AFTER this present aion (Luke 18:30, "the eon TO COME").
There are, in fact, coming multiples or FUTURE AIONS (Eph. 2:7, "the ONCOMING AIONS).
Some aions are even contrasted with OTHER AIONS (Eph. 3:21, "the eon OF the eons").
All aions will come to all their ENDS (I Cor. 10:11, "the CONSUMMATIONS [plural] of the eons [plural]."

These two links talk about it, there may be others also.
http://bible-truths.com/email2.htm#aion

http://bible-truths.com/aeonion.htm
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
You mean in regards to "eternal damnation"?

I see his point that eternity is not insinuated Biblically; more like a period of time that is much shorter. It is very interesting. Meblonde, if you have not checked out this site you might be interested in doing so.

Mr. Smith's interpretation of the Bible will never take hold because it rips away the fabric woven by centuries of fearmongering religious leaders.
|

Experienced User
Not only to the whole eternal damnation thing. For example, he denotes that even the time that jesus will rule will come to an end also. Whatever is to be after all of these aions or ages though according to ray Im not to clear.
|

Experienced User
He also says, pertaining to his ages thing, that immortality also has an end, that it is living without death, not living eternally. Things like that.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
agathe wrote:
Not only to the whole eternal damnation thing. For example, he denotes that even the time that jesus will rule will come to an end also. Whatever is to be after all of these aions or ages though according to ray Im not to clear.

Wellll.....

Although I'm sure he doesn't mean this, but some have interpreted Jesus' time to be the "Age of Pisces" and when the sun leaves the constellation Jesus' reign will come to an end & the Age of Aquarius will begin.

You might be interested in watching this if you haven't already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz_C20TeaxE
|

Experienced User
Thanks for the link, I enjoyed that, would you have anything else to share?
|

Experienced User
However, the bible doesn't mention that jesus was born on dec. 25th.
It just doesn't say that.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
agathe wrote:

Yes, that was the bit that I don't like either as well as Horus having a virgin birth...I just couldn't find back up info on that either. I wish they posted their sources.

The movie could of just meant that that's when we celebrate Jesus' birthday and it's for the reasons stated...

Anyone know why Dec. 25th is the day? Maybe we should write in to Mr. Smith and find out??

Edit to add: I found this article. I don't know why I never really thought about this before! Very interesting.

http://www.allaboutjesuschrist.org/was-jes us-born-on-december-25-faq.htm
|

Especially eHealthy
Birch wrote:
agathe wrote:

Yes, that was the bit that I don't like either as well as Horus having a virgin birth...I just couldn't find back up info on that either. I wish they posted their sources.

The movie could of just meant that that's when we celebrate Jesus' birthday and it's for the reasons stated...

Anyone know why Dec. 25th is the day? Maybe we should write in to Mr. Smith and find out??

wait

so why the hell do we have easter? Confused
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
Easter, in the religious sense, celebrates the resurrection. Generally though, it's celebrated by big floppy bunnies and chocolate eggs.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
the_girlfreind wrote:
Birch wrote:
agathe wrote:

wait

so why the hell do we have easter? Confused

So we can perform Handel's Messiah.
|
Quick Reply