Medical Questions > Cancer > Breast Cancer Forum

breast Pain: cyclic and non-cyclic

MandMs wrote:
maddygirl wrote:
I have just recently discovered a lump in my breast and am really freaked out about what is ahead for my life. I am desperately afraid to see a doctor because of information I've come across.
Thanks

Are you noticing some other changes of your breast(leaking or bleeding from your nipple, enlarged breast)? Did you exam your armpit, because lymph nodes can be swollen before you could find something on your breast. How old are you? If you are teenager or in your late 20's probably it's a fibroadenoma, which is a benign tumor that does not lead to a cancer but some malignant tumors can be easily mistaken for it. It's a solid, smooth, firm, benign lump movable within other breast tissue, usually find near the left breast areola. Don't be afraid of anything. Even most severe breast cancer that are find on time are curable.
Hope i helped!
I am having a breast issue myself, and would like some input regarding.
My left breast is swollen, the breast muscle itself feels as though it is hardening and is very painful. I have no leakage or bleeding. I have tried hot/cold compresses to no avail. I have tried messaging, which only causes it to be more painful. The pain never subsides, just pushing from any way it is very painful. The left side of the breast is what is hard, I really can not say if it is a lump or just the muscle, when touched it feels like a big lump, but not sure. Please help! thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 22nd, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Lump In Breast
cissalee33 wrote:
MandMs wrote:
maddygirl wrote:
I have just recently discovered a lump in my breast and am really freaked out about what is ahead for my life. I am desperately afraid to see a doctor because of information I've come across.
Thanks

Are you noticing some other changes of your breast(leaking or bleeding from your nipple, enlarged breast)? Did you exam your armpit, because lymph nodes can be swollen before you could find something on your breast. How old are you? If you are teenager or in your late 20's probably it's a fibroadenoma, which is a benign tumor that does not lead to a cancer but some malignant tumors can be easily mistaken for it. It's a solid, smooth, firm, benign lump movable within other breast tissue, usually find near the left breast areola. Don't be afraid of anything. Even most severe breast cancer that are find on time are curable.
Hope i helped!
My left breast is swollen, the breast muscle itself feels as though it is hardening and is very painful. I have no leakage or bleeding. I have tried hot/cold compresses to no avail. I have tried messaging, which only causes it to be more painful. The pain never subsides, just pushing from any way it is very painful. The left side of the breast is what is hard, I really can not say if it is a lump or just the muscle, when touched it feels like a big lump, but not sure. Please help! thank you

cissalee33 wrote:
MandMs wrote:
maddygirl wrote:
Thanks

Hope i helped!

Many women experience breast pain during their life and it's not normally associated with breast cancer. How old are you? Do you feel pain all over the breast or in a particular area? Do you find the pain connected with your menstrual period . Pain related to the menstrual period may come and go for months or years. This kind of pain is called cyclic pain and it's related with hormonal changes before and during the menstrual period, pregnancy and menopause threated with hormonal therapy. You've mentioned that you're not sure if you have a lump. Maybe that's a area of thickness and If is accompanied by lumpiness, cyst the condition is usually called fibrocystic change. Infections, abscess can also induce breast pain experienced in a particular area. Woman who experience injury or trauma to the breast or those who undergo breast biopsy sometimes experience pain that's called non-cyclic pain and is not connected with breast cancer.If your pain is persisting for longer period more then a month you should visit your doctor.
Best wishes!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....