I had a CT Angiogram of the neck region done yesterday. They were running behind so they gave me a coupon to get food from the cafeteria. Immediately after eating they did the procedure. I noticed on several sites today that is recommended to not eat or drink anything 2 - 3 hours prior to the test. Will this affect the accuracy of the test having eaten right before the scan?

I am hoping it is more of a precaution to keep you from getting sick due to the iodine they give you but I wanted to get some other opinions.

Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 22nd, 2007
Community Volunteer
hi nashvols

I've attached a website that tells you all about this ... after reading it, it does suggest NOT to eat or drink 3 hours before ...

Hope this helps

If you need further info - just post back, and I'll find more info for you.

Best wishes

Ginger
|

replied August 22nd, 2007
I had found that site already. That is basically what prompted my question. I know it says not to eat or drink 3 hours before but I was wanting to know what the reason for that is since the hospital basically sent me to the cafeteria 30 minutes before my procedure. Any other information you could find on what effect the food would have on the scan would be appreciated.
|