i was wondering if someone could answer this and maybe tell me what exactly is wrong with my head cause i know theres something. im 18 years old ive been smokin weed pretty much every day for about 4 yrs taken various other drugs in the past pills, speed, coke and acid although ive stopped now. i think theres one person a cuzin i have with schizophrenia not sure tho, i have strange view of people and how they look and think about me, sometimes im so paranoid that i cant leave my room or lay on my bed because i think something is gonna jump out or somebodys gonna run thru the door to stab me in the back if i dont face face the door. sometime if im in a dark place ill make my own shapes out of the faint outlines which sometime turn into ghoulish outlines of faces or people in the distance, i also have bizarre thoughts on time and religion, and some particulr ones that could only be described as delusions of the granduer. i soemtimes think that i am smarter then people and then i get biazzare thoughts about there motives to be my friends enimies watever, my thoughts jump from one another sometimes i get stuck on a subject for 15 minutes and ill rant on over the top of people or sometimes sit just quietly but the strangest thing is that it all seems so normal to me kinda making me feel liek im the only person like i am if you know what i mean but im not? so could someone please tell me what could be wrong with me

id like to point out im not encouraging drug use of any sort
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 22nd, 2007
Experienced User
I don't think anyone here can really tell you what's wrong except that drugs, including weed, can induce various negative states including schizophrenia. It's not clear to me what you have, but you should stop the weed, and if you don't get better, see a doctor.
|

replied August 22nd, 2007
Experienced User
No, im afraid not.
Drugs do not cause schizophrenia, they only agitate the pre existing condition of a schizophrenic.

I read that somewhere, I wonder if it is true.
|

replied August 23rd, 2007
Experienced User
thanks for the replys, i was also wondering, i have terrible insomnia sometimes leaving me awake for 5 days at a time with no drugs at all, leaving me extremly dillusional as you would expect. Could this be related to anything to do with schizophrenia or some other mental illness? and on the weed i think weed didnt cause it, just the fact that for years i surrounded my mind and all my thoughts with it kind of alienating me from "society" just my thoughts. i appreciate any thoughts on this
|

Experienced User
agathe wrote:
No, im afraid not.
Drugs do not cause schizophrenia, they only agitate the pre existing condition of a schizophrenic.
I read that somewhere, I wonder if it is true.

That's exactly what I meant - that they induce an otherwise latent schizophrenia.

redeme, if you try some drugs it might be helpful. I have lots of thoughts that just kill me, but with the risperdal it's not so bad.
|

Experienced User
True, a schizophrenic is completely screwed without medication.
It's worth a shot, but if you try any of these medications just make sure that you are prepared for what may happen, educate yourself on the subject. But if you are a schizophrenic, it's your best option.
|

replied August 30th, 2007
Experienced User
hey i went to a doc and he said something about me having borderline personality disorder??? i dont know much about this condition so im going to get a second opinion if anyone knows any of the specifics of this condition it would be a great help. thanks alot
|

replied July 2nd, 2009
borderline personality disorder
you have quoted me word for word it seems and I've recently struggled and recovered from what was almost a tragedy. I was also diagnosed borderline. I can give you a lot of in site if you are still interested.
|

replied August 13th, 2009
you have paranoid schitzophrenia, that is my diagnosis and i exhibit the same symptoms, it gets a little better when you stop smoking weed for a while. I hate to say it kuz i was the biggest pothead you would have ever known but the weed makes it worse
|

replied February 5th, 2011
skitso is a descriptive non perfect for your condition describer
i liked the way i was INTUNED with every emotional factor of my life back then. now i take meds and all i can say is **************** there is nothing wrong with being more intuned about the things others can't appreciate as much as the one who knows more about the finer details of life. deep down there are always going to be more gears working the system of life than what we perceive to be true. we just looked deeper. meds is a no go for me but i take them some times. once you start. you cnat stop. or you will want to go skitzo on ur doctors like i feel the only path might be. there stupid. they can not understand if they do not understand. dont give doctors the power to make you unfeal what is natural. drugs changed you. dont let more controlling drugs be your next change.

the worst chance i ever took in my life was giving these pill doctors a chance to understand me. cause they dont want to understand me. they already figured me out before i walked in the door.
|

replied December 16th, 2011
you have skitso better for you to take some medication and restore dopamine levels before it becomes worse, i think i may be developing it im 15 never done any drugs but my mum has it
|

replied April 6th, 2012
Hey man your not alone, hang in there. Sooner or later someone will help you out, no worries and work on your spelling it's very important. One more thing, stop jerking off.
|

replied April 6th, 2012
You think too much, think less. Do more. and stop jerking off.
Hey man your not alone, hang in there. Sooner or later someone will help you out, no worries and work on your spelling it's very important. One more thing, stop jerking off.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....