Im 19 years old and for the past year or two i've had frequent cricks in my neck which are accompanied by loud cracking noises.

Also,i find when im stressed, i tend to crick/twitch my neck a lot more.

As well as that,for the last couple of months,i've had a stiff right shoulder which also cracks,while the other shoulder is fine.

This could just be due to the fact that i tend to sleep on my right side, but i cant help worrying that it may be something serious.

I've also been able to crack my jaw very loudly by over opening it, leading me to think i may have TMJ.

I've visited the doctor recently who told me i have recurring tonsilitis as well as a fungal/bacterial infection under my tongue,for which im currently taking Flagyl, but he seemed to glide over the mention of neck/shoulder/jaw symptoms,leaving me wondering whether there's something wrong, or am i just being paranoid/anxious?

I'd really appreciate some help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 21st, 2007
Experienced User
Re: Hypochondria/anxiety/tmj?
Evie7 wrote:
Im 19 years old and for the past year or two i've had frequent cricks in my neck which are accompanied by loud cracking noises.

Also,i find when im stressed, i tend to crick/twitch my neck a lot more.

As well as that,for the last couple of months,i've had a stiff right shoulder which also cracks,while the other shoulder is fine.

This could just be due to the fact that i tend to sleep on my right side, but i cant help worrying that it may be something serious.

I've also been able to crack my jaw very loudly by over opening it, leading me to think i may have TMJ.

Hi Evie, some joints just crack, but you need to stop cracking your jaw joint, or you will get TMJ! I'm sure you just have aches and pains, when you are very anxious you tense up and that leads to muscle spasms, and sore tendons and joints.

I've visited the doctor recently who told me i have recurring tonsilitis as well as a fungal/bacterial infection under my tongue,for which im currently taking Flagyl, but he seemed to glide over the mention of neck/shoulder/jaw symptoms,leaving me wondering whether there's something wrong, or am i just being paranoid/anxious?

I'd really appreciate some help.

Hi Evie, some joints just crack, but you need to stop cracking your jaw joint, or you will get TMJ! I'm sure you just have aches and pains, when you are very anxious you tense up and that leads to muscle spasms, and sore tendons and joints. If you continue to worry about things, talk to your doc about anxiety, he will have some suggestions to help you relax.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...