Medical Questions > Debate Forums > General Debate Forum

Who Should Supply Protection? (Page 1)

do you carry protection on you at all times?
yes
no
28%  28%  [ 2 ]
71%  71%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 7
User Profile
ok so because of a "debate" in another topic i think this needs to be addressed. Who is responsible in supplying protection for intercourse.

and this is way out there but should you be allowed into clubs and whatever if you don't have any on you?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 20th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I carry protection IN me. I am on birth control. Also, I have condoms in my bedroom.
|

User Profile
replied July 5th, 2018
Experienced User
Well done. But the other side must also think.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Who Should Supply Protection?
benc152 wrote:
ok so because of a "debate" in another topic i think this needs to be addressed. Who is responsible in supplying protection for intercourse.

All involved parties.

benc152 wrote:
and this is way out there but should you be allowed into clubs and whatever if you don't have any on you?

That's kind of funny; I went in clubs back in the day and by no means did I intend to have sex.
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
If you don't want a baby, you should protect yourself. Women and men. Anyway, we don't want std's either....
|

Experienced User
Oops, I voted no... but I guess it should have been yes, since I'm on the pill I walk around protected all the time. Plus we have condoms at home (I'm married) just in case I miss a pill or something.
|

User Profile
Supporter
I Agree
I TOTALLY agree with Birch............I went to a club to dance...what the hell wrong with the world today??????????????
|

Especially eHealthy
everyone should have some kind of protection

not just men
not just women

its not up to either gender to be reponsible for birtch conrol
both parties should be equally responsible and/or protected
|

User Profile
Supporter
The-girlfriend...
Love your new avatar pic sweetie, you are sooooooooo cute!
If you're gonna dance.......you got to pay the fiddler!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Anyone who intends to have sex. It scares me sometimes that women are on the pill but don't use condoms. I am afraid of my daughters getting STD's (when they are older, of course!) When I was a teen I thought i was having safe sex bc I was on the pill.
|

Especially eHealthy
sillyakchick wrote:
Anyone who intends to have sex. It scares me sometimes that women are on the pill but don't use condoms. I am afraid of my daughters getting STD's (when they are older, of course!) When I was a teen I thought i was having safe sex bc I was on the pill.

i agree with you1 i think most people only think "oh no i could get pregnant from sex?!" and not enough think about the std's involved
|

Especially eHealthy
Re: The-girlfriend...
Fairy*Godmother wrote:
Love your new avatar pic sweetie, you are sooooooooo cute!
If you're gonna dance.......you got to pay the fiddler!

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!! Wink
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
I hated condoms. They smell bad. I never had to worry because I only slept with my husband and we were both STD free, though. I was so glad to say good bye to them permanently after we got engaged. Yuck!
|

User Profile
Re: I Agree
Fairy*Godmother wrote:
I TOTALLY agree with Birch............I went to a club to dance...what the hell wrong with the world today??????????????

First of all, I'm past the problem myself (wife had hysterectomy because of cysts back in the 1980s), but I agree both parties should be responsible. I never even thought about STDs without condoms even if the woman is on bc. But that makes a lot of sense too.

For Fairy*G & Birch: I too went to clubs back in the day and something tells me the clubs today are not like they were then. We're not in Kansas anymore, Dorothy.
|

User Profile
Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jude-Love: I just wanted to comment on your new avatar pic. Very aeon flux with a little love thrown in!! Surprised And very sexy.

toodleloo
|

User Profile
Re: Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
lonestarguy wrote:
Jude-Love: I just wanted to comment on your new avatar pic. Very aeon flux with a little love thrown in!! Surprised And very sexy.

toodleloo

Haha...thanks!

Unfortunately, I look nothing like that.
|

User Profile
Reality
Jude-Love....Alas, reality rears its head again. Excuse me, I've got an appointment with my plastic surgeon for an extreme makeover.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I am also very glad I don't have to worry about STD's anymore. Unless my husband strays. I don't think it would ever happen. I am sure nobody thinks it will ever happen, even when it does. It's just a very frightening world out there. "Back in my day" STD's were just becoming known, and nobody really thought they could get one if they didn't sleep with "very many" partners. Times have changed so much since then.
|

Especially eHealthy
I'm sorry, but I'm also offended by the clubbing comment. I do not go out dancing with the intention to have sex, and I'd be extremely pissed if I wasn't allowed into a club for not having an item pertaining to an activity I didn't intend to engage in! That's exactly like saying everyone who goes to a club wants to have a one-night stand!
|

Especially eHealthy
Re: Who Should Supply Protection?
benc152 wrote:

ooh i missed this part of the post entirely
so all people go to clubs with intention to have sex?! hmmm...interesting Rolling Eyes
|

User Profile
Experienced User
I'm on the pill so I'm protected. But, I have condoms at home and I tend to keep one in my purse at all times. just in case. My bf also carries one in his wallet at all times. But I believe that both parties are responsible for protection because both are involved. It shouldn't be up to just one of them.
|
Quick Reply