I used to give plasma and would sometimes be borderline too low on iron to give blood. My nails are peeling right now (always have really) and I read online this can be a symtpom of anemia. I am wondering if I should supplement more iron. I take a multi-vitamin daily that has 18mg of iron. I also read online that it can be dangerous if you get too much iron. I just want my nails to stop peeling!!! Any advice? (i've tried it all as far as nail strengthners, etc. Also I'm on birth control-could this be the cause?)
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 16th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I would talk to your doctor about this; he or she can safely advise you how to increase your iron levels.
|

User Profile
replied April 24th, 2012
wjb1958
My Father, 77 years old has a count of 7.1 irin levels. They can't find the cause, no bleeding anywhere. he is very tired and out of breath easily. Any suggesstions?

BB
|

replied June 1st, 2012
Iron levels
My Iron level is 3( canadian) I can not find a scale for iron levels to let me know haw bad this is.... help
|

replied December 3rd, 2012
My husband's neurologist just told him today that he had an iron level of 11 when the normal is 20-55. So I would think that 3 is really abnormal if it's the same as U.S. numbers lab wise.
|
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...