Medical Questions > Womens Health > Infertility Forum

Andemetriosis & Miscarraige

I am seeking information on the condition of Andemetriosis and pregnancy; if I manage to get pregnant before being able to treat this condition, will Andemetriosis cause me to miscarry?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 10th, 2007
I have endomitriosis and I carried a healthy baby boy full-term.. I had two laporoscopies prior to my pregnancy, one including the removal of two dermoids and two cysts.. and the endomitrial tissue was left.. I also know someone that had a severe case of endomitriosis and now has a baby boy. She delivered prematurely due to placenta abruption.. Depending on how severe your condition is will depend on whether or not you can carry a baby to term.. My friend had a lot of scar tissue and was even told that she would have to have a full hysterectomy with in a year, and that year she had her baby through in-vitro.. best thing is to discuss your options with your doctor and weigh everything out.. but if you were to have a misscarraige I would highly doubt it was due to the endomitriosis.. especially since I have seen many shows and experienced a birth myself.. You would just most likely be considered high risk...
|

replied October 11th, 2007
Adnemyosis - Not Endometriosis
Hi ther e- many thanks for your post - I have was is called Adnemyosis which is Endometriosis but in the lining in the uterus. My new doctor told me it inflames the uterus and relates directly to detachment. My old doctor at the IVF clinic told me after my miscarraige that "it was not appropriate" to tell me I had the condition as she did not do the laporoscopy - wild! Have you had or known or anyone who has had experience with Adnemoysis (not Endo)?

Many thanks again for sharing.
Kind regards

mommyb wrote:
I have endomitriosis and I carried a healthy baby boy full-term.. I had two laporoscopies prior to my pregnancy, one including the removal of two dermoids and two cysts.. and the endomitrial tissue was left.. I also know someone that had a severe case of endomitriosis and now has a baby boy. She delivered prematurely due to placenta abruption.. Depending on how severe your condition is will depend on whether or not you can carry a baby to term.. My friend had a lot of scar tissue and was even told that she would have to have a full hysterectomy with in a year, and that year she had her baby through in-vitro.. best thing is to discuss your options with your doctor and weigh everything out.. but if you were to have a misscarraige I would highly doubt it was due to the endomitriosis.. especially since I have seen many shows and experienced a birth myself.. You would just most likely be considered high risk...
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....