Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 15th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Does Life Have a Point?
agathe wrote:
Then what is it?

I'm still trying to figure it out.. I some days think we do all the nice things we try to live happy and good lives. But then it dawns on me. Some Day everyone around me and myself will not be around anymore.. And eventully totally forgotten. I mean years and years after you are gone. How many relatives will ever think about dear ole great great aunt Marty? No one! Maybe once in a while when they see a picture "if they ever get passed down".. Other than that.. Nothing..
Sort of sad when you think about it.. well, even all the people in here sitting at their computers will not exist or be remembered. And all their hard work typing in this forum will be in a hard drive pile in a land fill on the moon.. Smile
|

User Profile
Supporter
Hi
So many thousands of things have NO POINT nor make any sense, so why should life be considered any different? Its not what you have in life, its what you do with your life and who you have in it................... Laughing
|

Experienced User
Perhaps there not being a point is the point.?
And there being a point would be pointless.?
|

Experienced User
And what is the point of having a point?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
To me life is a gift from god. God give me this opportunity to live so that I can see his wonders. And wow I think it's truly amazing.
|

replied August 16th, 2007
Experienced User
God Only Knows!
Does life have a point?

Absolutely!

Every action has a reaction. People need to think about one another as they go about their existence!

But...this is not a perfect world, and we all tend to think about ourselves.

What WE want.

My life's purpose is to take care of the earth, be kind, and considerate to my fellow man and to try to be loving and patient with my family during this short stay here on earth.

Day to day, it can sometimes be trying. But....you have to keep on keeping on!
|

Experienced User
And would we be the action or the reaction?
|

Especially eHealthy
no one knows the point of his/her life until its over
|

Experienced User
The purpose of life is to seek knowledge and experiance through trials and tribulations.
|

The point of life? well do you want your life to mean something? To be honest the main point of life is to make of it what you will, and in so doing make your mark on the world.
You dont have to change the world, for some people having a child is what life means to them, their family, others want to be someone important.
So honestly what do YOU want your life to mean?
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
To me life has no more point than a roller coaster. You hang on. It goes up, it goes down, it throws you for a loop from time to time. Sometimes it goes by really fast, and sometimes really slow (especially that first hill). All you can do is hag on, feel the rush and appreciate and enjoy all of it. Then the ride is over. (And here's the cool part) You get to do it again and again until you have seen all of it. Then you get to get off.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
My purpose is apparently to sweat to death. God, when is this heatwave going to be over with?

Or it could be picking up animal feces.

I seem to be doing alot of both of these activities lately.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Birch wrote:
My purpose is apparently to sweat to death. God, when is this heatwave going to be over with?

Or it could be picking up animal feces.

I seem to be doing alot of both of these activities lately.

hehehe
|

replied August 17th, 2007
Experienced User
In my opinion we don't have any particular point. However, science show us that our human activity on the planet hasn't been good and that we have to do something about it. That should be a nice point, rescuing earth.

Find something to do in life, preferably with benefit (and not just for your own as individual which unfortunately many of us misunderstood **). You have around 60 to 90 years of battery life, spend it wisely !

** I'd just like to say that most of the posters here on eHealth seem to be very reasonable and socially helpful, so don't worry I'm not talking about anyone here in particular.
|

Experienced User
If one believes in God, it does.
Otherwise absolutely no point.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
42 lolz
|

Experienced User
milletics wrote:
If one believes in God, it does.
Otherwise absolutely no point.

I don't believe in God and yet I agree. Well put!
|

User Profile
Experienced User
sillyakchick wrote:
To me life has no more point than a roller coaster. You hang on. It goes up, it goes down, it throws you for a loop from time to time. Sometimes it goes by really fast, and sometimes really slow (especially that first hill). All you can do is hag on, feel the rush and appreciate and enjoy all of it. Then the ride is over. (And here's the cool part) You get to do it again and again until you have seen all of it. Then you get to get off.

the generally describes my experiences with intercourse rather than life XD
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
No Real Point
sillyakchick wrote:

I have to agree. Life is a twisting, turning journey where you get to intreract with people in your life. There's good things and bad things. We are shaped by our experiences. No matter how popular you are or how many friends you have or even how big and loving your family, in 100 years, no one will remember most of us.

I guess I have now reached the age where I have seriously begun to contemplate my mortality and I see no point in life. Why did I work so hard my whole life? What have I done that will live on for future generations? Will my grandchildren's grandchildren even know who I was? It does seem pointless now.
|
Quick Reply