User Profile
I hatehatehatehatehatehatehatehate HATE band camp. I don't know why I haven't quit yet. It's 8:30-3:30 out in the sun all day, and it's just awful. And it's too late to quit now, since I signed away my soul as of Monday.
On another note (still band related) today we were practicing and two guys come out of nowhere carrying a pane of glass with a giant suction cup attached to the middle. The thing is, I didn't see the pane of glass because of the angle, and I go, "Holy crap, look at that!" Of course, by then they had changed directions and it was perfectly clear that they were carrying a pane of glass and the suction cup was not, in fact, floating in midair.
Someone come save me, please!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 15th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
What the...are you...You didn't.....

just

diss

bandcamp????

Tell ya what, you trade me places. You sit inthis little office listening to patients tell lies about their prescription drugs and i will march around inthe hot sun totally blowing my chops and reliving the glory days!

Yippee for band camp!

What do you play?
|

Experienced User
I would give anything to relive my band camp days. but then... I'll assume it was easier for me, cuz I played mallets, so all I did was stand and play in the heat as opposed to march and play in the heat Wink .

but I would love to do it all over again if I could, those were the happiest (and some of the most drama filled) days of my life Very Happy .
|

User Profile
Active User, very eHealthy
And one time at band camp.........
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
You're lucky! My band camp was from 8a-8p. We had a lunch break and a supper break but that was it. You are very lucky to get out at 3:30.
|

User Profile
Supporter
i stuck a flute up my....oops sorry i was trying to finish her sentence we have all the dvd so funny.
|

User Profile
candita sky wrote:
i stuck a flute up my....oops sorry i was trying to finish her sentence we have all the dvd so funny.

It's great! I have NEVER been to band camp.. I don't play any instraments, but yeah thats a good movie! LOL You're too funny
|

User Profile
Supporter
yeah i cant get enough of them my fav is th4e wedding one.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
They were on USA(channel) all last night and this morning
i LOVE them
make me laugh everytime..
but i agree
the Wedding one is the best!
=)
|

User Profile
candita sky wrote:
yeah i cant get enough of them my fav is th4e wedding one.

Its great
|

Especially eHealthy
ya my camp was 8-8 also n in Fl in July! I !**@! rocked at marching tho. i was third in the entire band. ya thats me. but i spun flag rifle and sabre. god to go back to those days...
|

User Profile
replied August 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I was such a band geek I even played in college at CSU. And now once a year I relive the glory days at homecoming in the alumni marching band! Complete and total geek, i know.

I am the short one

I am the short one with the mellophone

Me and hannah practicing
|

User Profile
Supporter
I play mallets, or KPIs (Keyboard Percussion Instruments). Basically a piano keyboard, but bigger, and you hit the keys with mallets (can someone explain this better?!)
I was an idiot today and I forgot to put on sunscreen. So, now I've got a fantastic farmer's tan and a reverse truck driver's tan. The only fortunate part is that I don't have to march.
sillyakchick, my best friend plays the mellophone! We've got 7 this year, I think. And every day at band camp is alumni day. Mostly the seniors who graduated back in June come back, but so many people who graduated 5 or more years ago came back this year. They don't march with everyone but they teach whatever instrument they played during sectionals in the afternoon.
And for the record, band camp is NOTHING like in the American Pie movies. I think that there needs to be a reality series about band camp and the marching band season. It'd be much more interesting than Laguna Beach or The Hills or whatever.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
tdr wrote:

And for the record, band camp is NOTHING like in the American Pie movies. I think that there needs to be a reality series about band camp and the marching band season. It'd be much more interesting than Laguna Beach or The Hills or whatever.

Heck yeah! I will write for it!
|

User Profile
sillyakchick wrote:
I was such a band geek I even played in college at CSU. And now once a year I relive the glory days at homecoming in the alumni marching band! Complete and total geek, i know.

I am the short one

I am the short one with the mellophone

Me and hannah practicing

Whats the best part of band camp
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Dale123 wrote:

Whats the best part of band camp

Lunch.

I have actually never gone to band camp but I spent every summer at different colleges going to music camp. The best thing about those was hooking up with the college guys Wink
|

User Profile
replied August 17th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
The best part of band camp is when the show starts to pull together and you get to do a number all the way through. Then when the last note rings out after the music stops, you feel chills! It's a rush. In a completely nerdy sort of way.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
and this has to do with pregnancy because??
|

ours was going away band camp it was hardd but you got ssome play time.
|

Especially eHealthy
benc152 wrote:
and this has to do with pregnancy because??

read the rules before you try to sound smart.

this is the off topic chat forum.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...