User Profile
Do any of you guys love your mattress? I have to buy a new bed for when we move because the one we have now is horribly small and when I do I'm going to need a new mattress as well. I toss and turn for hours on the one we've got now and I wake up with aches and pains all over. I'm trying to research mattresses but it seems like every review says a different mattress is best. So I figure I'll just ask you guys instead. Does anyone have a mattress that they absolutely adore?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 14th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I have a queen sized Pillow Top
and it works wonders!!
i LOVE it!!
=)
yeah
that's all
i LOVE it!
|

Especially eHealthy
well ever since i moved in with travis we have a temprupedic matress because he has bad back problems
its wonderful and i couldnt sleep without one now lol
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
tempurpedic are the foam ones, right?
|

Especially eHealthy
its memory foam
|

replied August 15th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
sorry im of no help, our mattress was from a yard sale ( hey we were poor b4 macy lol) and we finally thru it away b4 moving. we are gunna buy a new one when we go back to IL and im not skimping on quality!

y not go to a mattress store and try some out? thats what they are there for
|

Extremely eHealthy
macysmama wrote:

y not go to a mattress store and try some out? thats what they are there for

That's what we did. We tried out several before finally deciding on one. We chose a memory foam mattress; it's great!!!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
thats what i did too
i wasn't a big fan of the memory foam
but i fell in love with the pillow top..
=)
|

Extremely eHealthy
Marfa2107 wrote:
thats what i did too
i wasn't a big fan of the memory foam
but i fell in love with the pillow top..
=)

That's what our next one will be. I love the memory foam, but after laying on a pillow top here recently, I like it even better.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I haven't tried memory foam but pillow top mattresses are amazing. They are a bit expensive. I wish we would have bought a better mattress - a more fluffy pillow top. I believe it's better to spend a little more money to get a a really good mattress than just getting a so-so one. Good luck.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
yeah they're expensive
but i think they are worth it..
=)
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
We have a pillowtop and while most pregnant women are saying that they have to sleep on the couch for comfort I am still loving my mattress.

I can't remember what it is but it was present from my mom for our wedding so it was probably expensive. Me and Dan could probably have afforded a twin boxspring if we had bought it Shocked
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
yeah I thought about laying on the ones in the store to test them out. that's what i did for this one. it's supposed to have a 10 year life and we've only had it for four years. since testing them doesn't seem to work that's why i'm asking. plus how long would you have to lay on it on the store? i laid on ours for 15 minutes. i'm going to have to schedule a whole day and lay on each one for like an hour or something... Laughing
|

User Profile
Especially eHealthy
haha that sounds like fun, we got ours from a neighbor, i dont know what kind it is, i havent looked but omg it is soooooooooo soft, i love it, before we had a bed that belonged to the base and you might as well have laid on the floor instead of the bed it was soo stiff, i like to sink into my beds alil lol.
|

User Profile
Re: Mattress Suggestions
Ok, I hate to sound like I am selling this product; but it has made the biggest difference in my life. I was having the worst sleep problems. I would wake up sore all over. I bought a sleep number bed and my life is amazing. There is nothing more amazing than waking up feeling refreshed instead of smacking the snooze button repeatedly. My employees knew to avoid me until after 10am because I was just too crabby. Now I'm actually awake without the help of caffiene (which I can't have since I became pregnant).
The only drawback is the price. I admit, I had a hard time swallowing the price. I could have had a 2 week vacation in Mexico or had an amazing shopping spree. At least go to a mattress store and check it out.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...