Medical Questions > Parenting > Infants Forum

5 Year Old With Headaches ??

User Profile
I was wondering if anyone could help me. My five year old daughter ava is having headaches. Like today, she woke up and had a fever and her throat hurt, and she also had a headache. Last time the dr thought she might have a sinus infection, and gave her medicine for it. And also i thought she might have strep throat cuz my youngest one had it last week, but her throat wasn't red or anything. Could a five yr old get migranes or anything like that. I always fear the worst because my sister had a brain tumor when she was five. But anyways please if someone knows anything let me know
thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 14th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I would go to a doctor about this.. Does Tylenol work?
|

replied August 15th, 2007
When i was 5 i used to get the odd migranane now and then it was all to do with my eyesight. X

Hope you find out the problem
|

User Profile
Experienced User
thank you i'm taking her to the eye dr next week and yes tyenol does work
|

Experienced User
Sherry: I would definately go and see your pediatrician. You need to rule out anything serious like that.
Headaches in a 5 year old (consistent ones) is not normal.

Susie.
|
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....