Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Forum

38 Week Appointment: high blood presure. Labor Induction ?

User Profile
I had my 38 week appointment yesterday and my BP was high (again). So doc ordered blood tests and 24 hour urine (again). That stinks!
Now I have to wait for them to call me with the blood test results while I pee in a jug all day.
~Yipee!~

Today at the NST my BP was normal.

The doc said he might induce me, but now my BP is normal, I really don't know what is going to happen. I just don't know what's going on, I feel kinda lost.

Sorry I just need to let it out. I feel better already!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 14th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
that sucks, ive never had to do a 24 hr urine test, lucky me, your sooo close to the end yay, technically you coudl like have your baby any day now! thats gotta be exciting
|

User Profile
replied August 14th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I am glad that your b/p was normal! Do you want to be induced?If not try to talk to your dr's nurse. I am glad you are feeling better! I wish you the best and to know that soon you will have your baby, that is great!
|

User Profile
replied August 15th, 2007
Experienced User
I had been waiting for them to call on my blood test results, and I checked voice mail today, and a doc called and told me to call tomorrow. I will post what happens. Wish me luck!1
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Good luck! I hope all goes well for you. That's been my worst fear of this pregnancy. High BP. Although mine has been good so far. I didn't have it with my first, but i am a bit more heavier than i was at 17 too.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Thank you! Good luck to you too
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...