Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Positive Hpt Just After Time Limit Then....... Cramps!

User Profile
well I finally got my wish of seeing that plus sign just after the 10 min time limit. It has been a lonnnnnnnng 8 years of TTC.
I couldn't believe it!!
Then..
I woke up last night with terrible cramps and AF arrived this morning with a vengence Sad
I couldn't even drag myself to get dressed, called into work said I'd be there at some point today (have to go as I'm a zookeeper and animals need to eat)
I just want to sit in a corner and cry.
I really thought it was my turn and I am sooooooooo heartbroken Sad
Thinking about going back on ovulex and giving it another shot or maybe just bite the bullet and schedule the IVF
I don't know, I feel lost, broken & barren Surprised
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 14th, 2007
I know how you feel I just got a neg. blood test I was sooo sure this was my time as well I am just ready to give up it hurts sososo bad I just can I dont know what to do any more and my husband and I had said we would not go further with drugs or treatment on a maybe just to feel pain he thinks god has another plan for me Crying or Very sad !
my husband has a daughter with another women so its not a big deal to him. sorry I can't help but I understand how you feel and I wish you the best maybe you'll have better luck than me !!

Good luck
|

Experienced User
wow 8 years. I can't imagine. I am so sorry that af had to ruin everything. I know that it must have been terrible for you. i really hope that it happens for you really soon. ~~~sending tons of baby dust~~~
|

Extremely eHealthy
I'm so sorry to hear about that Oneybunches (sorry, I don't remember your name). I was wondering where you had dissapeared to, we haven't seen you in a while.

Were you late for af at all when you tested?

How are you feeling otherwise? I remember you had some health issues a while ago.

We are finally allowed to start trying again after 4 very long months. Last month was our first try, but it was a no go. I started taking ovulex again. If for anything else, it regulates my cycles. Not on it, my cycles go from 25 days one month to 27 the next. On it they average out to 26 days.

We are here if you need to talk....and welcome back!
|

Active User, very eHealthy
Hi oneybunches. I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how you are feeling.

I've missed you on this site. Where have you been?
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Hi all, ya I have been missing in action for awhile, work keeps me fairly busy and I did have my surgury in June. All went well there, the cyst is gone, my tubes & uterus are clear, at least that is something positive.

I was late for AF about 5 days, got a faint + last thursday went away for the weekend then tested again monday, the + didn't show up until just after 10 min time limit, but i was really, really hoping that this time was really it. then wham!!

I did make it into work and it was a really loooooooong day. I am physically & emotionaly drained. Sat with my favorite tiger for awhile, she always cheers me up.

I can't even get an appointment with my doc until sometime in Oct. Just not sure what to do now, we were never in a position to afford IVF before, we probably could swing it now but winter is fast approaching and that means hubby will be away a lot again in the artic.
I just don't know if I could handle anymore disappointment
|

replied August 15th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Oney - I can imagine how that would of upset you to see that positive and then get af.

I was just wondering, is there any reason why you would jump to IVF? Have you thought about clomid first or maybe IUI. They are a lot less expensive than IVF.

Hope you have better luck next month.

*****BABY DUST*****
|

User Profile
replied August 16th, 2007
Experienced User
hi again,
Yes I suppose IUI is our next step, I have gone through a few courses of clomid in the last few years. Called my doc but can'y get in until mid-october to discuss options, so I guess I have awhile to figure out what we should do.
I have missed all you ladies! I know you know what I am feeling every month, my friends are wonderful but thet just don't get it.
Telling me, "what will be, will be" doesn't make me feel better
I hope this will be a better month for all of you, sending you tons of BABY DUST!! Wink
|

replied August 16th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I've read that there are a number of factors that go into decided whether to try iui before ivf. Time and money is a consideration. The chances are higher with ivf and iui isn't cheap. You might be able to afford more rounds of ivf if you skip iui. Plus if your egg quality is an issue, ivf can help.

I don't know what is best for you, but you wouldn't be the first to try ivf without first trying iui.

That sucks that you can't see your dr until October. That must be frustrating.

We moved our first RE appt to early Oct, but I might get a few of my tests done before then. The clinic suggested working with my PCP and OB/GYN to get a few specific tests dome before the appt. My dh is fine with me getting tested. The test they suggested was the HSC?, I think.
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....