Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

Nowadays Medical Standards for Schizophrenia (Page 1)

User Profile
By today's medical standards, Jesus Christ and Muhammad, are both clear cut cases of Schizophrenia.

Therefore, no doubt, if Jesus Christ returned, he would be placed on meds.

Have we made a mistake ?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Philo
|

User Profile
replied August 14th, 2007
Experienced User
How do you come up with that?????? Shocked
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 14th, 2007
Experienced User
Back then people on the whole were looking for different things than they do now. I mean, it's true that human nature never changes, but at the same time more people back then were looking for holiness; now they just look for the newest item on sale.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 14th, 2007
There is nothing new about it.

If you claimed you that the blind could healed, or that you could walk on water, or make any claims concerning the use of such miraculous mechanics of reality these days, or even claim to have knowledge that greatly surpassed that of the rest of people of the world, then most likely you will be classified as a Schizophrenic.

For instance, I have made claims that the mechanics of reality have also been taken advantage of today, thus to perform miraculous events, but unlike in the past, they are entirely negative events.

This response to this from others has been that I am being delusional.

In short, if something outstanding occurs 2,000 years ago, then it gets the spiritual OK.

But if something of similar nature is reported today, then the reporter is classified as a psychotic nutcase.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 14th, 2007
Community Volunteer
That's simply because people were more unaware of their world back then, in addition to the fact that information was not passed along immediately. The first writings of Christ occured 70 years after he died, so imagine what would happen if someone, just today, started to write a history of WWII using hearsay information.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 15th, 2007
Experienced User
Not all accounts of Jesus Christ are miracle-based. In the Gnostic gospels he just talks about finding your true self and gives riddles, much like a philosopher. In other words, he's pretty "normal".
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 15th, 2007
Community Volunteer
I definitely agree with that, I would say that most likely, based on what we know about how people exaggerate, lie and constantly get things wrong, that Jesus was probably a normal guy who had some really great ideas for humanity. Too bad we didn't listen.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 15th, 2007
Philo wrote:
Not all accounts of Jesus Christ are miracle-based. In the Gnostic gospels he just talks about finding your true self and gives riddles, much like a philosopher. In other words, he's pretty "normal".

Stan Stepanic wrote:
Jesus was probably a normal guy who had some really great ideas for humanity. Too bad we didn't listen.

I'll get right to it and tell Jesus that he was nothing special, via word from the present. I guess the fact that he has witnessed all, from the beginning to the end, the alpha and the omega, just ain't worth much anymore.

So what if he came from the Holistic plane of reality, where all time, from the beginning to the end, can all be seen due to the view not being limited to the present time as is ours.

OH WELL !

Jesus Wept.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 15th, 2007
Community Volunteer
I'm starting to weep from your posts. You still never answered my questions with your own thoughts and keep pasting stuff from that site.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 16th, 2007
Experienced User
lol. Right on!
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 16th, 2007
Experienced User
FANTABULOUS wrote:
So what if he came from the Holistic plane of reality, where all time, from the beginning to the end, can all be seen due to the view not being limited to the present time as is ours.


Didn't we all come from there?
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied August 16th, 2007
Community Volunteer
Don't even bother asking him questions about it, he won't respond with anything other than cut and pasted sections of that stupid site he's obsessed with.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 17th, 2007
Experienced User
i once heard them define a special type of sz, some extreme type, just for jesus.

just wanted to say, i also noticed, that 'ghost stories', as i call them and sometimes post, are not ok to tell in public. i get in a little trouble even posting on sz websites! certainly for saying it at work. my boss has a rule, the ring of fire extends to the curb, and within the ring i can't discuss magic, shamanism, or sz.

i can't say it in public, i can't say it in the movie theatre. BUT, if i write it in screenplay format, and get it into the movies, and it plays on the screen, well then, it's OK! Blair Witch Project was playing as i was coming down off my two months of seroquel. how come they get away with that?

i also noticed that we lock up anyone who gets too into their madness, but Adam zagajewski won a nobel prize for literature, using obvious sz, or the one i just found out about this week: Bruno Schulz. some called him one of the greatest writers of the 20th century (1920s i think) and it's total sz. what a great use for sz! but it';s a fine line between the nobel prize for sz and the insane asylum or homelessness. that's wierd!

-onderdonk
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied August 18th, 2007
Experienced User
ONDERDONK wrote:
i can't say it in public, i can't say it in the movie theatre. BUT, if i write it in screenplay format, and get it into the movies, and it plays on the screen, well then, it's OK!


That's because in movies we act out everything we fantasize about but don't really want to happen. Killing, raping, getting in trouble with a witch... We all really want to be Harry Potters, but not really.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 13th, 2007
It all comes down to doing something out of the norm that has one classified as a nut case.

Once the word " Schizophrenia " was stampeded on my forehead by society, even my father became a genius. In other words, once you have been tagged with the title " Schizophrenia ", everyone around you suddenly becomes superior, or at least that is what they think of them selves. From then on they speak down to you as though you are now nothing but a fool / dumbdumb.

My father no longer believed a single word that came from my mouth.

I told him about particular problems that I was having with the Psychiatrists that I was stuck with when looking for answers to what at that time was still an inexplicable problem.

He did not believe one word of what I had said. And so I continued with these reports, but at the same time gathered physical evidence to support what I had said. This was mostly evidence that was hand written by the Doctor himself.

Eventually my father basically said that only an absolute bloody idiot would believe these ridiculously insane stories that I kept on informing him about.

Then I pulled out the physical evidence.

As soon as he saw the collection of evidence, his face turned red, and he became speechless. That was the last time we have spoken, other than at a couple of family get togethers. The truth was now in my ballpark, and so he chose to run away. This also means he has run away not just from me, but from truth itself.

My behavioral patters are not 100% within the rules of the global behavioral conformity, therefore society says buzz off.

Even in my younger days, for instance, I built a 6 transistor radio for a school science project. The marks I received for this were poor indeed. A few days later I overheard the teacher say that he had given SEAN poor marks due the obvious fact that SEAN had not built the radio, and no doubt it was built by his older brother. According to the teachers view of me, I was not capable of doing such a thing.

Or there was the time when my memory was lousy and so I devised a method to improve my memory. I dragged my mother downstairs into the basement where it was quiet after I had asked her to help me put my new memorizing method to the test, since I had a Latin test coming up and studying was necessary ASAP.

I received a mark in the 90's for that test. The teacher moved toward me while gently handing the test sheets out one at a time to the students. When he got to me, he threw my test paper into my face. I was momentarily puzzled, but once I saw the mark, I totally forgot about his bizarre behavior.

For the rest of the year at the beginning of the class he would often ask a few questions that always only had two students responding. It was always the same two students who had the answers. But he would ask me instead, and I never had the answer. It turned out that these two "advanced "students were also given next years Latin text books. That was where the answer to his questions could be found. In short, he spent the rest of the year making a fool out of me in front of the entire class.

Years later I spoke to my mother about this. She then informed me that the Latin teacher had phoned her and had said that SEAN had cheated on the test and had obviously gotten the answers from his older brother.

My mother gave him hell for saying that since she had helped me study for that test in the first place, and then the Latin teacher passed the hell onto me for the rest of that year.

Once again, according to the teachers view of me, I was not capable of doing such a thing as passing a test with flying colors.

All this ongoing kind of rejection, which never stopped, simply went on because my behavioral patterns were not the same as the expected behavior of an educated / trained monkey, just as society expects it to be.

Another example. Since I did not behave with the standard pattern of Monkey see, Monkey believe, I noticed that Motion seem bizarre indeed. In my spare time, I analyzed motion, and did so mostly while lying in bed at the end of the day. Eventually I figured out the basics of what made variable motion possible.

I then converted my understandings into equations. Years later I found out that my equations turned out to be identical to those known as the Lorentz-Fitzgerald Contraction equation, the Time dilation equation, the Lorentz transformation equations, and the Velocity Addition equation.

These equations also all apply to Einstein's Special Principle of Relativity.

Taking into account the fact that my parents pulled me out of school prior to me having completed grade ten, this achievement is a bit out of the norm since I had no education in physics at all.


See my web page http://www.outersecrets.com/real/forum_aga instum2.htm for a condensed version of my work.

But once again, since my behavior is not that of a train monkey, this achievement is not considered to be of any value at all because I am not a member of the trained monkey global behavior conformity club.

And of course if you try to make a point, and then no one listens, if you repeat making your point again, it is then rejected under the " reject due to repetition " rule.

So try not to forget this rule. If you are half dead on the side of the road, only scream for help, once. Or if you in front of a hospital at the time, please obey the sign " QUIET PLEASE, HOSPITAL ZONE ", and only whisper for help. Remember that this is a world full of people who are slaves to behavioral rules, rather than simply follow rules without sacrificing intellect at the same time.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 13th, 2007
FANTABULOUS wrote:
once you have been tagged with the title " Schizophrenia ", everyone around you suddenly becomes superior


you hit the nail on the head. I couldn't agree more with that.

edit: I mean that they aren't really superior, I agree with you
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 13th, 2007
Experienced User
Monkey See Monkey Believe
best post i've read in a while! "remarkable!"

me too, i'm with you. no "monkey see monkey believe" for me!

i had the same experience two days ago, all afternoon, in this forum. I am diagnosed schizotypal personality disorder, so I start to explain a theory, and people say that's all wrong, all delusions. I say it's a heuristic theory, works better than what science has to offer, which isn't much. science has no explanation for life, no explanation for movement, no explanation for life moving! lots of other poroblems too, like it thinks there's GRAVITY inside the ground pulling us down!

Anyway, I post my delusions, and then the site people say I can't possibly have a job, I must be lying. I have a job, I act normal, just very energetic, and speak only about citrix computing. I teach all day, a 6 day class, 500 dollars a day consulting fee, I only work one or two weeks a month, then live the contemplative life: reading - physics, new york times, religion, spirituality, shamanism, chinese poetry, memoirs of schizophrenics, whatever... and walk around in the mountains trying to digest the difficult questions: - "what is evil", " what is at the center of the black hole", "why do the sz drugs work - and not work - the way they do and don't ", etc. And I get answers from the demon world on all that stuff, way outside the scope of science. I'd like to share the info, help the humans, but they are afraid, don't want to know.

Like your father, I don't think they feel superior, I think they are frightened and want to ignore your existence, sweep you under the rug, 'cause they don't have the mental energy to compete with you. You want to wander in the mystery and wonder. They want to "know for sure", even if it is just a theory, and just live their lives and they don't care as much about the universe as you and i do.

i think the human race is in the toddler stage - still playing with his toys, in is own little world, the "worldly minded camarilla". someday he'll climb out of the "hole of human knowledge, put away his"toys" - (science, reason) into a toybox and lock it up, and come out in to the world of mystery and wonder, to work and play with his brothers and sisters, the animals and plants and spirits and little kids and shamans and schizophreics. Till then, I keep an eye on mankind, tease him alittle about being down in that hole, but if you scare them too much, they get really scared and they try to ambush and kill the shaman. So I leave them behind, and go flying away for a little while....

me, I have the mental energy to compete with you. No monkey see monkey believe for me. Thanks for the phrase, bet this one gets some mileage!!!

-onderdonk
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 14th, 2007
If I told you that I KNEW that the world was flat for a fact, you'd call me crazy. If I said that blacks just arn't as good as whites and it'd be better for them if whites would just clothe, feed and give them a place to stay in exchange for work because they can't take care of themselves, you call me crazy (or agree because you're a white supremeist). If I told you that the entire universe circled around the earth, you'd discredit me. Now we know these things arn't accepted as true anymore, but they used to be. There was a time that all of us would have been burned at the stake or worse for what we go through because we're witches communing with dark spirits. What are they going to say in the future? Are they going to say "can you beleive what people used to do to schizophrenics? They thought is was a disease and actually tried to stop the voices! How silly is that?" They call it a defect, maybe it's just evolution. Our minds are capable of somthing they can never reproduce. I will admit that it isn't always plesant (for me at least), but I don't know if I want to stop it. My meds arn't working right and I'm tired of them. We keep adjusting them but I'm tired of that. I might just be happy the way I am, without meds.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

replied September 14th, 2007
Experienced User
Re: Monkey See Monkey Believe
ONDERDONK wrote:

i think the human race is in the toddler stage - still playing with his toys, in is own little world, the "worldly minded camarilla". someday he'll climb out of the "hole of human knowledge, put away his"toys" - (science, reason) into a toybox and lock it up, and come out in to the world of mystery and wonder


I think the opposite is happening. The world is adopting the Western mode of living more and more, which is based on "toys", science, technology. Old mysteries and wisdoms are dying out. The world is regressing into toddler stage.
|
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 14th, 2007
Community Volunteer
Definitely agree with Philo there and it's one of my biggest problems and concerns with modern society.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
12
Tags: meds
Quick Reply
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....