Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

70% more chance of getting Schizo from 1 canabis joint smoke

if like alot of people you are a paranoid and suspicious as in the sens that you show signs of schizo well i heard that if you smoke canabis even 1 single joint you have 70% more chance of getting true schizo is this true??? and dont go telling me that drugs are just plain bad for you and should not be touched because i know that just a question along with many others
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 13th, 2007
marijuana is how i got my problem, derealization.

Definitely not worth it. I live chronically for 4 years now in a dream state, I feel like I am a ghost.

I will tell you man or woman whoever you may be marijuana can unleash a new hell.

I don't do any drugs or drink any alcohol anymore. 3 hours of getting high is definitly not worth a lifetime of this.
|

replied October 2nd, 2007
Me Too!
I too suffered the exact same effect after having tried marijuana only once in high school. Fortunately for me, the "derealization" effect only lingered for a week until I was back to my old self again. I did have a physician tell me at the time that the THC found in marijuana could, "in theory" permanently change the PH levels in your brain.

It was and still is all Greek to me, but either way, my doctor wasn't prone to embellishment or dishonesty where matters of health are concerned.

Be safe out there. ^^
|

replied October 3rd, 2007
Experienced User
Time and time again I hear of people complaining of psychotic effects connected with marihuana.
|

replied October 11th, 2007
Experienced User
5 years, 100 bowls or more a day, all day every day. i smoked weed to the point where all i thought about was weed. it was my air. even when my symptoms started i continued to smoke constantly till i just couldnt do it anymore. weed took my life and just left me with this empty shell to walk around in. it can happen to anyone.. i was always considered the "strong minded" one out of my group when it came to drug use, i thought i could take it all and i could and did.

i still to this day love weed more then life itself, but keep my self away from it knowing that id just be takin so many steps backwards to where i started. i miss the smell, the sight of a fresh bud and being able to sit back and just rip a bowl thru.

im not sure how much likely you are to get sz. from cannabis but i know that it took the last part of my childhood and for the most part all my teen years not to mention the person i was and could of been.
|
Tags: smoke, bad signs
Quick Reply
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....