User Profile
Well it's my boyfriend's birthday coming up soon. He's turning 19 and I have no idea what to get him.
He's two main interests are art and video games, but I'd have no idea on what was the right kind of thing.

I planned to get one of his drawings engraved onto a dog tag necklace but the only one that "means" much to him is one he did about his ex boyfriend >=[

so I don't like that idea as much.

So I suppose my question's are

-Can you suggest anything?
-Your best birthday present you've recieved
-Your worst birthday present you've recieved.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 13th, 2007
Experienced User
Lads are soooo difficult to buy presents for, honestly.

Aftershave and stuff, that's what I usually get, but expensive stuff. Or clothes, but it's not that special really, is it?

Hmm, what about some sort of canvas picture of yous together? Like you can take a photo, send it to a company and they can put it on canvas for you in different ways i.e. black and white/sepia etc, which would appeal to his like for art and it's a bit sweet. They're rather expensive mind. And it depends how long you've been together/expect to be together.

Best present? hmm, not sure really, maybe mp3 player (maybe that's an idea?) and worst present has to be some bath stuff i got off a very old great aunt when I was 16, which is fine, only it had a mermaid doll with it and was clearly intended for a 5 year old.
|

replied August 20th, 2007
Experienced User
Re: Birthday Presents
benc152 wrote:

I'd say something useful, or a good time waster. Something that he can use daily. If it's not too late (the threat is one week old already) you could tell me what kind of games he plays (+ the console) and I could help you for a video game idea.

benc152 wrote:
-Your best birthday present you've recieved?

A Rodania watch. Man that was sweet.

benc152 wrote:
-Your worst birthday present you've recieved?

A documentary book about skiing.
|

User Profile
replied August 20th, 2007
Experienced User
s_kalb wrote:
benc152 wrote:

I'd say something useful, or a good time waster. Something that he can use daily. If it's not too late (the threat is one week old already) you could tell me what kind of games he plays (+ the console) and I could help you for a video game idea.

benc152 wrote:
-Your best birthday present you've recieved?

A Rodania watch. Man that was sweet.

benc152 wrote:
-Your worst birthday present you've recieved?

A documentary book about skiing.

cheers, nah his birthday is at the end of september, i just really have no idea so starting to look early.

do you ski? even if you do sounds a bit boring but at least there would be some interest.

he plays creepy games

Resident Evil
Metal Gear Solid
Silent Hill
The last express
Still life
Midnight Nowhere

ps2 and computer

=)
|

replied August 27th, 2007
Experienced User
well if he doesn't have it: Resident Evil 4 (but if he's a hardcore gamer he probably already has it) Best of creeps right now.

However there's also this less known incredibly CREEPOUT game for PS2 called Forbidden Siren 2 (Forbidden Siren 1 exists too, both have good scores). Just type it on Youtube and you'll see what I mean. The hero is able to see through the enemies' eyes; but you really shock yourself when you notice that it's looking at YOU !
However it's pretty difficult because there's nearly no defense, at best you have one knife to defend yourself. It's more of a survival than a zombie shooter. 18+

Link

I'm not that good at creepy games, I prefer sport games and RPGs (Role Playing Games) Wink

That's for the game idea, now for other gifts... hmm... guys are difficult to please. Unless sexually..... hah...
|

replied August 27th, 2007
Experienced User
benc152 wrote:
do you ski? even if you do sounds a bit boring but at least there would be some interest.

yeah I do ski but I didn't go this year as I have to keep the money for familial and educational reasons Wink as a compensation my girlfriend bought me a snowboard game. That was sweet !
|

User Profile
replied August 31st, 2007
Experienced User
s_kalb wrote:
benc152 wrote:

yeah I do ski but I didn't go this year as I have to keep the money for familial and educational reasons Wink as a compensation my girlfriend bought me a snowboard game. That was sweet !

aww that is sweet lol
mm thankyou for the ideas!

=)
|
Quick Reply