Medical Questions > Debate Forums > General Debate Forum

Bible, Most Read Story Or Absolute Truth?

Personally i believe that the bible is like "The Davinci Code" only maybe 25% of it is real, but it is written in such a way that it would seem as if it could have happened. I am a strong believer that the bible is not saying what happened but is meant to be used to give people morals, and as such not everything in it is truth.
Now, what do you think? Story, real, or somewhere in between?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 12th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I thoroughly agree. Can't say much more than that.
|

replied August 12th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i think its somewhere in between

you know how some movies are "based on true events" but bits and pieces of it arent true? and they fill in some parts and such
thats what i think the bible is

some of it may have been true but i dont agree that all of it is
|

replied August 13th, 2007
Experienced User
100% God's word. All stories true.
|

User Profile
replied August 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
real story.
|

replied August 14th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
"Personally i believe that the bible is like "The Davinci Code" only maybe 25% of it is real, but it is written in such a way that it would seem as if it could have happened. I am a strong believer that the bible is not saying what happened but is meant to be used to give people morals, and as such not everything in it is truth.
Now, what do you think? Story, real, or somewhere in between? "

I am a Catholic and I believe the bible is the inerrant word of God and is 100% truth and although I believe most of the stories were factual especially the gospel accounts..but I still agree with you because truth and fact are two seperate things, for example the book of Genesis that depticts the creation of mankind through unapproved advertising may not be factual it maybe symbolic but it does not make it any less true because truth is not always factual as in how a fact is always true. Truth is more than fact, fact deals with realities, truth deals with moralities, ideologies philosophies.

When we say the bible is the truth of almighty God. it means we have accepted it as morally perfect, ideologically perfect and philosophically perfect...not as perfectly factual (although some people evidently believe it is) and although it is not the revealed fullness of the truth of almighty God for there is more to God than what is revealed in the bible (for the fullness of revelation that is Christ himself) we still regard it as being 100% truth

When we say there is one true God we mean that there is only one ultimate truth, one ultimate ideology one ultimate phiosophy

When Jesus said "I am the way the truth and the life no one comes to the father except through me.... "

he didnt mean he was factual (although he was) he was saying that he was God, morally perfect, ideolgical perfect and the philosophical perfection and that no one could be perfect unless they were like him...no one comes to the perfect except by being like me.... "be ye then perfect just as your heavenly father is perfect for nothing unclean shall enter the kingdom of heaven"

The fact we have facts is only a pointer towards absolute truth...god

Yes the bible is 100% truth even if it is not 100% factual

People do not understand what Christianity is..they think it is some fairy tale a bunch of old stories.its not just a belief in a story or a group of stories, its belief in a phiolsophy an Ideology a way of life, plato, aristotal, cicero all saw the truth of God in their phiolosophical understanding, but Jesus was the fullness of that truth, it is why so many greeks and romans converted from following plato etc to following Christ.

guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long for your love is ever before me, and I walk continually in your truth. I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness and salvation. I do not conceal your love and your truth from this great assembly. Send forth your light and your truth, let them guide me; let them bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell. Surely you desire truth in the inner parts; you teach me wisdom in the inmost place. Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, I have chosen the way of truth; I have set my heart on your laws Do not snatch the word of truth from my mouth, for I have put my hope in you. For even Kings take pleasure in honest lips but they value a man who speaks the truth.
|

replied August 29th, 2007
Experienced User
I truthfully can't say at this point.
But I sure hope that the part about no more death, suffering, and tears is true, that would be just fantastic.
|

User Profile
replied July 5th, 2018
Experienced User
The Bible is truth. True.
|
Tags: absolute
Quick Reply