I have psoriasis ...and eczema ... but the dermatologist was unable to give me much information and treatment other than expensive creams for each of my (i guess rather rare) conditions that stops working after a while and the suggestion to use mild soap...

my symptoms have become less severe from when i was younger...but there are still some things left that stubbornly do not go away...

it no longer itches as much but they appear during the summer i believe due to the heat and humidity and on rare occasion during the winter due to severe dryness and cold they come up together and both can be painful and at times extremely itchy

i was wondering if anyone knew of a less expensive way to (i know there is no cure) subdue the symptoms that while not losing healing power as time goes by for psoriasis and/or eczema and if anyone has both conditons
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I don't have a answere, but i suffer from eczema too. I have never been to the doc for it, because i know what they are going to give me, and i can't afford those creams. I have it on my arms, legs, and butt Sad It's a pain in the butt. And i would give anything to have the money to get it to go away!~
|

replied August 13th, 2007
Experienced User
do you know what triggers your eczema?
i have found that a lot of my symptoms become worse when i am not taking care of myself as well (not eating well...not moving at all) and also because of the weather

the doctors were unable to give me much help...they told me it was genetic and no current cure...my doctor gave me a large bag of samples (i guess i got lucky i don't know if all doctors are like that) that lasted me until the cream itself became to weak for me and my symptoms returned (although not as bad)
insurance can cover most of the cost... otherwise they are very expensive

i also went to the dermatologist...they spent almost no time with me after i spent a considerable amount of time waiting and told me to use mild soaps and a cream i could buy that was very expensive (although if your symptoms are very bad i would recommend trying to buy it just once... after you're done with the tube the eczema could return but not as bad and if anything the cream will work at least for a few weeks or months)

my symptoms started when i was in the second grade... and have gotten much better as i grew older...i do not know why...and now it comes and goes. i have heard that some people grow out of it...but i think that is mostly young children.
|

User Profile
replied August 13th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Both are inflammatory disorders. Initial treatment is mild potent steriods which treat both.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Skin , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.