User Profile
Can anyone tell me what is the lenght of time it takes the liver to heal from excessive drinking.. I heard it was a month.
Thank You
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 13th, 2007
I am not positively sure, but I went to the doctor July 11 because a week before I had went out binge drinking and after that noticed sharp pains on my right side. The doctor did an ultrasound and found I have enlarged liver. He told me to come back in a month and he would check my liver enzymes; he checked for Hepatitis but it was negative. He said I could have alcohol induced hepatitis and to return in a month for the bloodwork. I'm assuming he's waiting a month because if he checked it then my enzymes would be high because of the alcohol so when I go back in a month if there is nothing seriously wrong with my liver everything should be back to normal. I'm assuming based on this experience that it takes at least a month for the liver to heal after a drinking episode. Hope this helped you out a little.
|

User Profile
replied August 13th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
BrideToBe78 wrote:
I am not positively sure, but I went to the doctor July 11 because a week before I had went out binge drinking and after that noticed sharp pains on my right side. The doctor did an ultrasound and found I have enlarged liver. He told me to come back in a month and he would check my liver enzymes; he checked for Hepatitis but it was negative. He said I could have alcohol induced hepatitis and to return in a month for the bloodwork. I'm assuming he's waiting a month because if he checked it then my enzymes would be high because of the alcohol so when I go back in a month if there is nothing seriously wrong with my liver everything should be back to normal. I'm assuming based on this experience that it takes at least a month for the liver to heal after a drinking episode. Hope this helped you out a little.

Thank you.. that is what I thought.. That is why they have you come back.. Now don't drink Smile
|
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...