User Profile
Hello ladies. I'm starting to feel a bit dull, and wanted to either perm my hair, or dye, and cut it. Are these ok to do while pregnant?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 12th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
http://www.naturalfamilyonline.com/go/inde x.php/297/pregnant-hair-color/

here's some info on coloring your hair while preg.
it says not to do it during the first 3 months of pregnancy
it also says that it's safer to do highlights with foil
since the dye can be absorbed through the scalp... doing foil the dye
doesn't directly touch the scalp and the foil reduces the fumes, also

hope this helped =)
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
The paperwork that my ob gave me says that it is perfectly safe to do both while pregnant because they have actually found that the amount that is absorbed through your skin is not significant enough to pose any risk for the baby. I would like to warn you though that due to a lot of the hormones during pregnancy your hair can react quite differently to both perms and dyes. My beautician literally refuses to dye my hair while I'm pregnant cuz she doesn't want it to like turn out green or something and then have me crying. She said that it's just not a good idea to do it if you can't bear the thought of it not turning out well. I decided to forgo my highlights during pregnancy and I will catch up with a makeover after the baby gets here.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
monkeygirl22 wrote:
The paperwork that my ob gave me says that it is perfectly safe to do both while pregnant because they have actually found that the amount that is absorbed through your skin is not significant enough to pose any risk for the baby. I would like to warn you though that due to a lot of the hormones during pregnancy your hair can react quite differently to both perms and dyes. My beautician literally refuses to dye my hair while I'm pregnant cuz she doesn't want it to like turn out green or something and then have me crying. She said that it's just not a good idea to do it if you can't bear the thought of it not turning out well. I decided to forgo my highlights during pregnancy and I will catch up with a makeover after the baby gets here.

Interesting lol. Didn't know that. It's nothing i NEED to do, but just wanted to do cause i'm feeling a bit Blah! lol But thanks again Martha, and Monkeygirl!
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I know what you mean. I've thought about maybe getting some lowlights put in in a month or two to kinda blend in all my highlights but I'm so scared about doing it after she told me that. Maybe you should just try a new do and go to the mall and have someone do your makeup at one of the make up counters. That would make me feel good.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah i might just settle with the hair cut. I can wait to do the perm, or dye. My hair is so freaking thick i can't do anything with it, and i'm just so tired of wearing it up in pony tails. I can't even find a clip anymore that will hold my hair up.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
do you have a round face??
cuz i have really thick hair and a round face
and i have a long sweepy bob and it's so cute!!!
i think it's the perfect style for summer and someone with a round face
and thick hair =)
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
I'm scared to go short though. Being pregnant i don't want something that will make me look really heavy. But yes my face is round. I tried a hair style about 4 months ago. Right after i got pregnant, and it was awful. I'm still recovering from it lol. I'm mostly doing this for my fiance too. He loves when i wear my hair down. But along with the thickness it gets really really frizzy.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
mine too
LOL
i have naturally curly hair and if i don't straighten it, it's just a poof..
lol
but yeah i know what you mean about bein scared to go short
i've had long hair my whole life
and my bob isn't shorter than my shoulders
but maybe just like layers to lighten it up or something
idk?
lol
=)
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
It never fails lol i get a hair cut, and then the next day i have it up in a pony Laughing But i might look into the bob. That and i want something i don't have to put much time into. I used to be into doing my hair for hours, but i don't care for it anymore lol.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
ugh i hate doing my hair
lol
=(
it is just boring to me
my bob takes about 15min max to straighten
so it's a lot better than when i had my long 45min straightening hair..
=)
|

User Profile
Experienced User
oh my gosh I have been thinking about getting highlights in too...i am feeling so blah and yucky..and fat...
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...