Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

I'm Back Again! Medication Question

User Profile
Hey, it's Loren again! I just felt the need to post on the forum since I was here last month. After a "pregnancy scare" and then getting my period, my husband and I started once again having protected sex during any time of my cycle that I could be fertile. It seems that maybe this baby thing is just destined to happen... because I'm back again for a reason!

On the 6th of August (or really the 7th as it was 3 in the AM) my husband and I had sex. We used a condom and it completely broke, (only the second time this has ever happened in all the years we've relied on them, both times when my husband had a little to drink. Hmm... I wonder if that has anything to do with it? Laughing) and we didn't stop... causing it to be as good as gone. My husband woke me up the next morning with my planner in his hand (what I use to track my cycles and such) saying that I was supposed to ovulate the 7th! I wonder what the chances are that I could be pregnant now? Maybe this is just going to happen whether we're "ready" for it yet to or not. Wink

I've been taking a good multivitamin with folic acid daily since the 7th just in case until we find out for sure and can head to the doctor. I also caught a cold from my DH and have been pretty miserable the past two days. I didn't want to take any medication just in case we've conceived (even though it probably hasn't even implanted yet in the case that we actually DID), but finally my DH convinced me to take a benadryl today. I've heard that this was okay for women to take, have any of your doctors recommended it to you? I also have a bottle of children's tylenol for colds (the gross liquid kind) and if that would be safer I could probably just take the maximum dosage of that as I am only a little more than 100 lbs.

Any opinions on the medication would be appreciated. I really am not feeling too hot right now, so I'd love to take another! Very Happy And of course I'll let everyone know if my period comes on the 20th... but it's so far away Confused Waiting games are so fun, aren't they?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 11th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Benadryll is absolutely fine if you are pregnant. I am 14 weeks and take it quite often due to allergies. I am pretty sure tylenol cold is okay too but not completely sure.
|

User Profile
replied August 12th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Tylenol (adult strength) is fine to take while pregnant; Tylenol Cold & Tylenol Sinus are OK too. I'm 22 weeks pregnant and just got over a bad chest cold/cough, and my OB's office told me I could take Tylenol, Robitussin, Benadryl, cough lozenges. You can also use the Vick's shower soothers, I think they're called.

I hope you feel better soon and get the outcome you desire!
|

User Profile
replied August 12th, 2007
Thanks so much for your advice, guys. Thankfully I woke up this morning and felt good enough to take our puppy to the dog park... and it's 97 degrees!

Urgh... only 8 more days until period time.
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...