Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Lump Under My Armpit

Hi, my name is Kevin and I am 21. anyway Last night I discovered a pea sized bump under my armpit. Its not visible and dont ask me how i discovered it, who knows how long its been there. Anyway it is painless (that is until I rub my skin raw after touching it for so long). I know there could be a number of reasons for this lump, but how concerned should I be? I dont really show any other signs of anything serious, but the last 6 months I have had lots of back problems and unexplained headaches which I asked about in the headache section of this forum.

This whole year I have had health problem after health problem that I would tell my mom about (shes a RN) and she never seemed concerned... that is until today. So this has got me a little nervous. Im just wondering if I should be worried about this, or if I should wait to see if this lump goes away
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 17th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Lump Under My Armpit
mccartks wrote:
Hi, my name is Kevin and I am 21. anyway Last night I discovered a pea sized bump under my armpit. Its not visible and dont ask me how i discovered it, who knows how long its been there. Anyway it is painless (that is until I rub my skin raw after touching it for so long). I know there could be a number of reasons for this lump, but how concerned should I be? I dont really show any other signs of anything serious, but the last 6 months I have had lots of back problems and unexplained headaches which I asked about in the headache section of this forum.

This whole year I have had health problem after health problem that I would tell my mom about (shes a RN) and she never seemed concerned... that is until today. So this has got me a little nervous. Im just wondering if I should be worried about this, or if I should wait to see if this lump goes away

The bump you've discovered is probably swollen lymph node.
Did you have some infections in that area? Are you experiencing other sings like lose of weight , night sweating, itching all over you body, fever and what kind of problems did you have this year?
|

replied November 29th, 2011
I have the same thing! I also have rapid weight loss itching over my body and night sweats.. i have two of these bumps about an inch apart
|
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....