I have a few questions in regards to migraines. For some years now, I have been having sharp, stabbing pains in my head. In different areas. I have had a CT Scan which was negative for tumors, etc. I have been having headaches lately that are really painful. Sometimes it makes my jaw hurt. Also my eyes feel sensitive at times. I do suffer from sinus and allergies. I get nauseuos sometimes, and I have noticed at times my vision changes, it doesn't get blurry, but there are times where everything looks bright, and silvery. It's almost like my vision gets better and brighter. Then I may start feeling a little dizzy, and my face feels tingly, and sometimes it will affect my extremeties, like my hands, and legs. My friend suffers from migraines and she tells me that the only way it could be a migraine is if I vomit, and the light bothers me. Sometimes the light does bother my eyes. But I have never vomitted. Another person that I spoke to told me that migraines don't necessarily make you vomit. There are different types. I also want to mention that I have surgical menopause, and if i'm not mistaken there is someting called Menopausal Migraines. Has anyone ever heard about this? Right now, I have a bad headache, my face feels tingly, and I'm nauseous. Can this be migraines?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 12th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Sure. Could be a migraine. But most doctors STILL don't know what causes them...so, even with a diagnosis you might still be left in the dark. Have you checked with your GP? You may need to see a neurologist if you're experiencing tingling, numbness, and extreme pain.

What do you do for work? Are you spending long amounts of time looking at a computer screen or lights?
|

replied August 12th, 2007
Hi yogahoneybunny,

Yes, I've been to my GP. She referred me to a Neuro, which did an exam, she checked my reflexes, she poked me in the foot with sharp objects, checked my vision, my balance, did vibrations on my foot. Everything is normal, she told me that she is going to send me to have an EMG, to help me relax. becuase I have been thinking the worse. I also had a CT scan, which was normal. I'm going t tlak to my GP, about this possibly being migraines. Thanks for the info.
|

User Profile
replied August 14th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Cool, jerseygirl.

Update us here after your scans. I'm sure that they WILL help ease your mind and it sounds like being thorough is much safer than being in the dark. Bravo for seeing what you need and asking for it! Let us know the diagnosis.

Smile

- Yoga
|

replied September 19th, 2007
Hi,
New here to forum.I've been dealing with migraine before I ever knew what it was.The last 4 to 5yrs have been the worst.
I'm glad you're seeking help.I was seeing a neuro.He was very good.Unfortunatley he moved and I've lost my insurance anyway.But he actually had his regular office and a headache clinic.There are neuro. that specialize in migraine/headaches.

Vision problems can happen,usually before a migraine.It's called an aura.I get zig zag lines and/or spots,I can't focus,it lasts for me about 20 min.Usually the pain starts then.I'm in a cycle right now that I call transformed migraine or chronic migraine.I am never w/out pain,it's weird though because I'll get an aura at times.
Look at the mayo site.They will give you alot of info,symptoms,triggers.It may give you an idea of how to talk to your doctor.Migraine may be hard to treat,it's not a one size fits all.
One thing you may want to do is keep a diary.I keep a pain diary.Some people,it may help them to see a pattern,to find triggers.It also helps your doctor to know what's going on.
Not a know it all here.Just been thru alot of yrs of treatment.
|
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....