User Profile
My doctor says wait two cycles before trying to get pregnant again. People say they didnt wait and got pregnant faster. I am as ready as i was before i misscarried. What should i do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 11th, 2007
Supporter
Hi
YOu should wait.....give your body time to repair itself just enough to be healthy and reay for you to become pregnant again. You have been through a traumatic event and your body needs the time to heal. Its ture you may end up pregnant faster, but does that ensure you that this new baby will have a safe nest egg inside? I'd wait a couple cycles jsut to make sure! Hope I've helped some! Cool
|

User Profile
Supporter
I want to wait but i don't. i mean its like i would have been going on 16 weeks had i not miscarried and im not getting any younger
|

Especially eHealthy
i would wait just to be safe
you want to make sure you have a safe pregnancy like the fairy godmother saud you have been through alot and its better safe than sorry
|

User Profile
Supporter
i know but we dont like to use condoms, and i couldnt get birth control the other day because the doctor told me that my bp was to high. so now i have to wait for that to go down
|

Especially eHealthy
ilovemyfishies81 wrote:
i know but we dont like to use condoms, and i couldnt get birth control the other day because the doctor told me that my bp was to high. so now i have to wait for that to go down

well
i know you might not "like" to use condoms but since you cant get on bc at the moment then you shuld probably use condoms for a while
|

User Profile
Supporter
the_girlfreind wrote:
ilovemyfishies81 wrote:

well
i know you might not "like" to use condoms but since you cant get on bc at the moment then you shuld probably use condoms for a while

i wish i could get him to use them. i mean he is 26 you know you would think he would be understanding
|

User Profile
Supporter
Me Again
You are not OLD......Women in their late 40's are having healthy babies, although I myself do not understand why someone that age would even consider starting a family. I had my daughter at 26, she turns 24 this year, she will wait until she is in her early 30's making me a grandmother @ in my early 60's!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway, put this next baby first, instead of yourself......its not what you want...... whats best for this new baby you will create.....hey, I'm Fairy Godmother, I gotta look out for your future babies! I know 16 weeks was 4 months, and thats a long time.....but your body needs to hela girlfriend so the next baby will have a fresh start? PLEASE WAIT???????? I got the_girlfriends back too! Shes due in Dec. Kiss kiss to you both!
|

User Profile
Supporter
the_girlfreind wrote:
ilovemyfishies81 wrote:

well

i wish i could get him to use them. i mean he is 26 you know you would think he would be understanding
|

Especially eHealthy
Re: Me Again
Fairy*Godmother wrote:
You are not OLD......Women in their late 40's are having healthy babies, although I myself do not understand why someone that age would even consider starting a family. I had my daughter at 26, she turns 24 this year, she will wait until she is in her early 30's making me a grandmother @ in my early 60's!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway, put this next baby first, instead of yourself......its not what you want...... whats best for this new baby you will create.....hey, I'm Fairy Godmother, I gotta look out for your future babies! I know 16 weeks was 4 months, and thats a long time.....but your body needs to hela girlfriend so the next baby will have a fresh start? PLEASE WAIT???????? I got the_girlfriends back too! Shes due in Dec. Kiss kiss to you both!

thanks fairy godmother!!!!!!!!!
|

User Profile
Supporter
Re: Me Again
the_girlfreind wrote:
Fairy*Godmother wrote:

thanks fairy godmother!!!!!!!!!

from when i wanted to start to have my family im old . my mother, my aunt and my cousin had their first babies at the age of 26 in which i am now i wanted to also be a part of that. even if it were my second child. i know whats best to do and also what i want to do but also am not ignorant towards knowng when my body and my emotional state is well enough to have a baby. what sucks is that since it was my very first pregnancy is that im scared to miscarry again for what ever reason although i was told that it was basically a fluke in genetics
|

Especially eHealthy
ilovemyfishies81 wrote:
the_girlfreind wrote:
ilovemyfishies81 wrote:

well

yeah he should be understanding and remember that YOUR body needs to heal and fix itself so that next time around you are healthy and have a happy pregnancy!

and you are young!!!!! you have plenty of time for kids
waiting a month or two wont be that long of a wait because in the end it will be worth it
|

User Profile
Supporter
the_girlfreind wrote:
ilovemyfishies81 wrote:
the_girlfreind wrote:
ilovemyfishies81 wrote:

well

yeah he should be understanding and remember that YOUR body needs to heal and fix itself so that next time around you are healthy and have a happy pregnancy!

and you are young!!!!! you have plenty of time for kids
waiting a month or two wont be that long of a wait because in the end it will be worth it

i know i want to wait and most likely i will but i want my babies so bad Crying or Very sad
|

User Profile
Experienced User
my dr told me that it is fine to start trying again..and she said its form her own personal experience cause she had miscarried and consulted OB's as to how soon she could try again. (she told me all this when I had my bleeding scare)
All the OB's said that your body probably wasnt far along enough in the pregnancy to be too concerned. And that it would depend how far along you were when you miscarried. The earlier on the in pregnancy the less time you need to wait.
I think you can try as soon as you want. As long as you have fully miscarried and the fetus has passed and you have left a bit of recovery time.
|

User Profile
replied August 12th, 2007
Supporter
babyAndy wrote:
my dr told me that it is fine to start trying again..and she said its form her own personal experience cause she had miscarried and consulted OB's as to how soon she could try again. (she told me all this when I had my bleeding scare)
All the OB's said that your body probably wasnt far along enough in the pregnancy to be too concerned. And that it would depend how far along you were when you miscarried. The earlier on the in pregnancy the less time you need to wait.
I think you can try as soon as you want. As long as you have fully miscarried and the fetus has passed and you have left a bit of recovery time.

well i was pregnant 12 weeks but the embryo only grew to 6 weeks so my body just took a while to kick out the bad fetus. i went to the dr thursday and had a negative pregnancy test and i had stop bleeding 1 week prior
|

User Profile
replied August 17th, 2007
First of all...your boyfriend needs to get over it...using a condom for one month is not a ridiculous request, especially under the circumstances...

Second, I know it's hard to wait...I had to wait last month too...but since your body has to invest 9 months into the baby, you should give your baby the best nest so that it's more likely for the baby to thrive through full term.

once more thing...I'm really, really sorry about your miscarriage.
|

User Profile
replied August 18th, 2007
Supporter
babeez wrote:
First of all...your boyfriend needs to get over it...using a condom for one month is not a ridiculous request, especially under the circumstances...

Second, I know it's hard to wait...I had to wait last month too...but since your body has to invest 9 months into the baby, you should give your baby the best nest so that it's more likely for the baby to thrive through full term.

once more thing...I'm really, really sorry about your miscarriage.

i know tell me about it. i need time to heal.
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....