My stepson is 6yrs old and loves eating dry dogfood. I keep telling my husband that it isn't healthy. But he won't believe me. I keep telling him that if it was good for people to eat, wouldn't everyone be eating dogfood. Where can i find information about dogfood and how it isn't healthy for people to eat, maybe if he reads it he will believe me. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 10th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Dog food is not harmful to humans. Many many children eat dog food and none of them are harmed. Heck, I ate dog food as a child once or twice. The only danger to children is the fact that dog food is often very crunchy and poses a choking hazard.

To solve this problem is easy. First, tell you stepson it's bad behavior. Secondly, make sure the bag of food is out of his reach either on a shelf or locked in a cupboard. Thirdly, feed your dog meals, instead of having food sit out all day in a dish. Watch the dog eat. This way, you can prevent your stepson from eating the food.
|

replied August 11th, 2007
Laughing I had to laugh when I read this. My brother and I used to do this, and we were about six years old! I never got sick, and then I think my mother told us it was made from worms or something. Well that stopped me right away, let me tell you! But of course the advice in the last post is much better than lying Laughing
|

User Profile
replied August 15th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Of course another solution is to get better dog food.
|

User Profile
replied August 16th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Hey
holy cow there is dog food that looks so good i could eat it and has better ingredients than what i eat sometimes.lol
|

User Profile
replied October 2nd, 2007
I used to eat dog food when I was around six years old & I agree that the only problem is that you have a risk of chocking. I guess what you could do is tell your son that if he keeps on eating it worms will grow in your stomach, my mom told me that & I stopped eating it.
|

replied October 2nd, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i ate dog food the other day
lol
dont ask...
|

replied October 5th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I Have a Perfect Way
Tell him the truth. Let him know what dog food is really made of. And that would be animal by products. Meaning the ears, tounge, testicles and who knows what else. I have a funny feeling that will put a stop to his habit.
|

Especially eHealthy
Heheheh, good idea MsSky!
|

User Profile
Supporter
I Agree
I do know as long as the side of the bag reads: MEETS OR ACCEEDS the AAFCO standards this is a good dog food. I preferred dog biscuits over dog food, but its not gonna hurt him. I also would read him the ingredients and add a few such as chicken blood, beaks, chicken feet ground up, intestines...you get the picture!
|
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....