Medical Questions > Mental Health > Schizophrenia Forum

Schizophrenia: Do Your Voices And messages Make Any Sense? (Page 1)

I'm interested in knowing if your "voices" (or "messages" from TV or newspapers) say anything sensible that relates to the problems of your life or do they just say things that don't make any sense. My "messages" are intimately related to my life, for example they point out my real flaws and not just imagined ones. They often comment on my life in a meaningful, though not always friendly way. This is why it's so hard to discount them fully as nonsensical. Any comments?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Philo
|

replied August 10th, 2007
one thing i want to mention:

a lot of things that happen to you are meaningful. I could go on thinking about what I should have said to my friends a long time ago, and derive new things about politics, and religion. but it's useless because it doesn't help me achieve my goal, which is expanding my consciousness, and becoming a compassionate person who can help people no only from a physical level, but a spiritual level.

anxiety can tell me a bunch of stuff about what could happen to me. but that's only what could happen, and thinking about it makes me ignore what's actually happening.

look at my post on grey matter and meditation. you might find it helpful.
|

User Profile
replied August 10th, 2007
Community Volunteer
Though I've never experienced this at all, I would say that it is mainly extensions of your own self image and opinions about yourself, brought forth in this way. Many schizophrenics I worked with would talk about their voices and how they would say things like 'everyone is making fun of you' or something to that effect. Really, that's just an extension of being insecure, given a face.
|

User Profile
replied August 11th, 2007
One day, I could get no sleep at all.

I decided to go and get a donut and some coffee. The voices then said " There is going to be an accident. ". My response was " Oh good ! " since my life at that time was a living hell, and death was a massive improvement in comparison.

Anyhow, even though it was an ice cold day, I went outside at about 8:00AM and headed over to my car that was parked in spot #13 in the outdoor apartment parking lot. I had to walk carefully due to there being black ice located here and there.

I picked up the donuts and coffee and got back into my car and headed home and parked the car. I got back into the apartment and sat down and watched some TV.

Suddenly I could hear someones car with its engine roaring to the hilt. Then moments later I heard the sound of a nasty crash. I got up and looked out the window and saw what was left of my car, may it rest in peace, or at least pieces.

A guy was taking his kids to school in his van. The accelerator peddle got stuck to the floor ( a busted return spring ) and so he moved full speed toward my car and could not change his direction of travel once he was on the black ice, nor were his brakes of any use at all.

Fortunately, no one was hurt, with the exception of my car, just as predicted by the so called " Voices ".
|

replied August 11th, 2007
that could have been a coincidence, but you could also be receptive to evergy around you, and sicne you are schizophrenic, the energy was manifested in a voice.
this happens in dreams a lot, and the vibes you recieve from the outside will manifest themselves in hallucinations.
This happened to my mom. she woke up from a dream where a car crashed and burned. then her sister called from england saying that someone had died in a car accident just now. interesting.
I've heard other stories about this, and Masaru Emoto's studies make it even more believable. (if you don't know who Masaru Emoto is, he pretty much proved that our thoughts affect the structure of water.)
|

User Profile
replied August 12th, 2007
At a latter date when I had a new car, the " Voices " said again, " There is going to be an accident ! ".

I thought , oh no, not again.

This time they said, " There will be a rapid ' J ' turn and collision into a poll ".

First of all, I had no idea what a rapid rapid ' J ' turn was all about, and I assumed by pole they meant a street hydro poll or street lamp pole.

The next day, monday, I went to work as usual, and I noticed that one of the office women did not show up for work.

Two days later, one of the other office personnel said to me, " Did you hear what happened to Corina, she was in a car accident. She lost control of her car, did a rapid ' J ' turn, and then collided into a street lamp. ".

Corina showed up at work a week after the accident, with a cast on one leg.

And then there was the time that North Korea came into the picture of " Voices " predictions. Concerning North Korea the " Voices " said, " There is going to be a very very big explosion ".

I asked what the heck does that mean, does that means a nuclear explosion or what ?

The " Voices ", while laughing, said " Yes and No ".

Once again I said, what the heck does that mean, does that means a nuclear explosion or what ? I received no answer !

A few days later a nuclear explosion occurred in North Korea, however there was speculation that the explosion was not entirely successful, thus the magnitude of the explosion was less than what is to be expected from such a bomb. This explained the " Yes and No " response.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
It's becoming clear to me that your delusions are very complicated, but just that, delusions. The thing is, we only know as much as you're telling us. You could simply be believing you had voices tell you that when they really didn't say anything of substance at all, as you talk more and more it's clear your diganosis was pretty much on, you're starting to show signs that you believe you have some sort of connection to reality that enables you to perceive things before they happen.
|

User Profile
Quote:
It's becoming clear that .......

Please present the undeniable evidence that you presently have within your hands, that brings you to such a point of certainty, rather than it being a mere belief.
|

Experienced User
Some rare people (more rare than normally assumed) can predict events. Maybe in this case it's not the voices that are doing the predicting but simply reacting to your predictions. In other words you're a "psychic" that happens to be a schizophrenic. Your voices are just mimicking what your psychic self predicts.
|

User Profile
Philo wrote:
Your voices are just mimicking what your psychic self predicts.

Speculations and facts are not one in the same !
Belief and truth are also not one in the same !

Most people these days are trapped within a belief system.

Truth lies beyond the limited range of beliefs, meaning beliefs are not directly connected to truths , thus they are still just beliefs.

Most people these days also are quite happy to tag their beliefs with the title " Truths ".

By sticking to beliefs, this then prevents the natural course of evolution, which brings one closer and closer to truths. Truths become left behind, thus lies and deceit can continue to flourish. Because of this imbalance, crime grows, selfishness grows, a dividing between the rich and the poor grows, marriages fall apart, and so on, all as the result of truths being denied their rights, thanks to believers insisting that beliefs are always in the right no matter what the futue consequences will be.

A dangerous form of slacking, indeed !
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
That's enough of this, if you want to talk to me about this gobblety gook you keep saying, PM me.
|

Experienced User
I don't really understand your reply to my post. Of course I'm speculating. So are you. Besides, what's the big deal about whether it's your psychic self predicting stuff or the voices? Think about it. Certainly I won't be losing any sleep over it.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
I wasn't talking to you, though psychic evidence is totally hearsay, I do hold some truth in it.
|

User Profile
Philo wrote:
I don't really understand your reply to my post. Of course I'm speculating. So are you. Besides, what's the big deal about whether it's your psychic self predicting stuff or the voices? Think about it. Certainly I won't be losing any sleep over it.

You say " So are you. " and so you are back to certainty rather than speculation.

The " big deal " is the fact that those who are present on the Holistic side of reality, are amusing themselves by torturing innocent people on the Relativistic plane of reality, and they are getting away with it.

As long as people continue to practice the function of the mind known as Belief, they will not reach the Truth.

As long as people continue to practice the function of the mind known as Belief, they will continue to be unaware of the holistic plane of reality, which is quite real and is part of the complete truth.

Because of this closed mindedness, people will continue to believe that the cause of any event, exists within the limits of the mere Relativistic plane of reality, and no other, even though this is not the true case.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
Please properly define plane of reality and then go further and explain these terms you keep throwing out, you're saying them like they're a given. Furthermore, you're pretty much cutting and pasting them from a website, so I'd rather hear you actually explain things yourself.
|

replied May 7th, 2009
Fantabulous
I would like to know if perhaps these voices may in fact be demonic in nature? Could it be a spiritual condition? And if so, could you turn to Jesus for help? For He is our deliverer and savior. Try calling on the name of Jesus! Say, "Jesus, please help me!" See what happens!
|

replied May 7th, 2009
I am a psychic as well. Its not through the voices, but rather dreams. I have seen 9/11 before it happened, the tsunami in 2004, many earthquakes, crimes, and bombings. Sometimes they are very detailed. I feel as if I actually influence the events. Once is a coincidence, but maybe around 20+ times is not. I have seen the gas prices in my dreams many years ago hitting the $4 mark and last year it did. The thing that hasn't come to pass yet is a vision of an airliner crash, many will die. Pray people and hopefully it won't happen!
|

replied May 7th, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
yes they do make sense.
I haven't recieved messages really, but I do have voices.

They make alot of sense.
Like today they are letting me know how stoopid I am, and it's so true, im stoopid.
They are making me go over my episodes and showing me all of the dumness that I accomplished during them.

They also go over and over about how this world sucks, and they are right, they however don't tell me why, what there part in it is, so I stoopidly sit there and endlessly try and figure it out.

I know that they are horrible but am unable to know why and how.

Im lost.
|

replied June 5th, 2009
eh?
im a so called schizo, and i have heard many voices and seen many things including alien looking like tall creatures and many more shiet and one the shiet i saw looks like Death with a black cape and shiet and many more shiet ive seen.... i was attacked basically by the unseen, i felt it physically too so nobody can tell me its all in my mind... throughout the Bible people had dreams and heard voices and had predictions, this modern time is no different... throughout the Bible people have called us so called nutcase's maniacs, lunatics, etc... modern time calls us Schizo, and those in the medical community doesnt know shiet about anything...!!!!
|

replied November 26th, 2012
Re: Schizophrenia: Do Your Voices And messages Make Any Sense?
Philo wrote:
I'm interested in knowing if your "voices" (or "messages" from TV or newspapers) say anything sensible that relates to the problems of your life or do they just say things that don't make any sense. My "messages" are intimately related to my life, for example they point out my real flaws and not just imagined ones. They often comment on my life in a meaningful, though not always friendly way. This is why it's so hard to discount them fully as nonsensical. Any comments?

Are yours not really external voices? For me, it's TV/music/people, that are talking maybe not directly to me, but it's interpreted by me that it's pointing out these flaws. It's a "They KNOW!" type of thing rather than random voices in my head. it almost seems like the messages are coming from another dimension, where they make sense to reality and everyone else, but have a 'special' meaning just for me.
|
Tags: sense
Quick Reply
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....