Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

1st Month Back In the Game And......

Stupid af decided that she was going to arrive right in the middle of a big meeting today. I felt sick all day and had bad stomach pains all over not just in my lower abdomen. I took some tylenol and i feel much better, but I am starting to get really upset about it.

My temp was still kinda up this morning, at least above the coverline. I took a test yesterday morning and was negative. I keep seeing all the girls little ones on the other forums and I start to cry, because I want a baby so baddly. I don't know if I am really that upset, or if I am still kinda emotional from my friends death.

I know that I shouldn't be that upset, it is only the first month that we tried again, and with going through what we have gone through this past week and a half, its no wonder. I didn't temp or take my prenatals the whole time I was gone (about a week). I guess I will just have to try next time. We are going to be in Maine next time I ovulate, so hopefully while I am on vacation I will get a second chance.

Does anyone believe in that saying "with death brings new life"? I am hoping that my friend is up there pleading my case for me. He knew how much we want a baby and he was always asking when the little one was coming.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 8th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I'm so sorry, Star. It's okay to feel upset. Your hormones will make you very sensitive and you've been through a lot lately. Sometimes I think that when things aren't going well, you just hope for something to turn it around. I think you put extra hope in this month because of your friend and because of your long wait.

Let yourself feel sad, but make sure you pull out of it in a few days. Pamper yourself until then and treat yourself like a queen. You deserve it.

Pretty soon, you'll be thinking of creative ways to make the bding extra fun in Maine.
|

replied August 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Thanks Shorty, that made me feel a lot better. And your right, I probably did put to much hope into getting preggo the first month out of the gate. I came home from work and was super grouchy with dh. He finally asked me what I was thinking about and I told him. Then he told me to go lay down and he would clean up after dinner.

Im sure I will make it through. I am more angry than sad. But again I think that my emotions mixed with my hormones are causing me to be and act all crazy. Tonight when I was making dinner, everything that could go wrong did go wrong. Spilled just about everything I made either on the floor, the counter, or the stove. The mashed potatoes were lumpy, the gravy was gelly, and the pork was cold. Everything was horrible, but dh said it was great. He took me to Dairy Queen for ice cream. At least he was understanding about my mood. Laughing Heather
|

replied August 8th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
Awww, how sweet!
|

User Profile
replied August 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
DQ always makes it better!!! Yumm!!!
|

User Profile
replied August 10th, 2007
Experienced User
Hey Star!
I just saw the post you left me on the other page... My pregnancy has gone by so fast it's crazy... And thank you about liking the name Rylee Smile I really like both the names you said.. I think my friend ( she had her baby today ) named her babies middle name Brooklynn.. Because he liked lynn and she liked brooke...

I want to say don't get down I know it is so hard but remember you just got back on the band wagon.. Keep your head up and try not to drive yourself nutts over.. I will keep telling everyone over and over again IT WILL HAPPEN WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT TO... I didnt believe that and it was hard not to think about TTC.. But it worked the first month I stopped worring and wondering when it would happen.. I was shocked to see it actually did... Don't give up hope and i'll be keeping you in my prayers... Tons & Tons Of Baby Dust your way sweetie.. Good Luck Sweetie.. Keep me posted...

Cortney
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....