Hey guys I was looking up low fat food on the net and I found some good recipes. I made these chewy granola bars.They so soooo yummy

here are some recipes

chewy granola bars
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
3 cups low-fat granola mix (not cereal)
1/2 cup sweetened flake coconut
1/2 cup golden raisins
3/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup slivered almonds

combine brown sugar, honey, vanilla and butter in a medium-size saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Lower heat; simmer 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Cool.

Meanwhile, combine granola, coconut, raisins, 1/2 cup chocolate chips and almonds in a large bowl. Stir brown sugar mixture into granola mixture. Spread in a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking pan. Press remaining chocolate chips into top. Refrigerate 2 hours or until completely cooled. Cut into bars.

Easy macaroni and cheese
1 1/2 teaspoons unsalted butter
7 teaspoons all purpose flour
1 1/3 cups skim milk, heated
8 ounces low fat cheddar cheese (2 cups), coarsely grated
1 box (7 to 8 ounces) dried macaroni
salt and pepper to taste

in a saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Whisk in the flour and cook the mixture, stirring for 3 minutes. Add the milk in a stream, whisking. Bring the mixture to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes. Stir in the cheese and cook until cheese is melted.
Cook the macaroni according to package instructions and drain well. Combine with cheese mixture and salt and pepper to taste.
Nutritional value per serving: 294 calories, 31% from fat, 10 grams of fat, 314 milligrams of sodium

fettuccini alfredo
12 ounces fettuccini
1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
1/2 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
fresh black pepper

cook the noodles according to package directions, omitting the salt. Drain well and return to the cooking pot.
In a food processor or blender, combine ricotta cheese, yogurt, romano cheese, and butter. Add the cheese mixture to the cooked fettuccini and toss to coat. Add fresh ground black pepper. Serve warm and sprinkle with remaining romano and more ground pepper.

Garlic bread
1 loaf french or italian bread, cut lengthwise
2 ounces low-fat cream cheese
1 clove garlic, minced
3 tablespoons finely grated parmesan
preheat oven broiler to high. In a small bowl, whip together cream cheese and garlic. Spread evenly over cut surface of bread. Sprinkle parmesan cheese evenly over bread.
Put on a cookie sheet, place under broiler and cook until golden and bubbly, about 1 to 2 minutes. Serve immediately.

Mashed potatoes with buttermilk and dill
2 pounds russet potatoes (about 4 medium), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
1/4 cup low-fat milk
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 teaspoons finely chopped dill
1 teaspoon thinly sliced chives
freshly ground black pepper

in a large saucepan, combine the potatoes, 1 teaspoon salt, and enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat. Lower the heat to maintain a simmer and cook until fork tender, about 10 minutes. Drain the potatoes and return to the pan. Shake the pan over medium heat for about a minute to dry the potatoes. Transfer the potatoes to a food mill, ricer, or bowl.

Mash the potatoes through the food mill, ricer, or by hand into the pan. Stir in the low-fat milk, buttermilk, and dill warm over medium-low heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
Cook's note: do not heat the low-fat milk and buttermilk before adding to the potatoes or they will curdle.

I have more if u guys want anymore!!!
Enjoi
alison xoxo
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 16th, 2004
Experienced User
Hmm reading that I decided to make sum mac n cheese lol...
|

replied March 16th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
I made rice crispy treats!
|

replied March 16th, 2004
Experienced User
How do u make rice crispie treats????
|

replied March 16th, 2004
Active User, very eHealthy
Www.Allrecipes.Com

they have really good low fat stuff too, check it out

meg
|

replied March 16th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Thanks guys!! Nice ofr my diet!!
|

replied March 16th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
Ah I cant/dont like to think about dieting right now.. Not while im pregnant.. Im tryin to get over an eating disorder which isnt easy while preg so dieting/diet food is the last thing I can concentrate on. But goodluck*
|

replied March 16th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
U dont know how to make rice kripy treats? Omg!!! Buy a box of rice crisipies and they have the recipe on the box! Its reallly, really easy!!!!!

Jordan and jaydyn
|

replied March 16th, 2004
Extremely eHealthy
1/4 cup butter
40 large marshmellow
6 cups rice crispies
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Harpreet Singh
User Profile
Anand J. Singh
User Profile
Dr. Madhumita Avinash Paul
User Profile
Dr. Ana Aleksovska
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...