Hi, I have a PLT count of 518, which is an increase from 425 in January. What does this mean? How concerned should I be? I've been taking vitamins bc I am trying to reduce my cholestorol, can folic acid be the reason my PLT score has increased so much?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 17th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: High Platelets
roxann wrote:
Hi, I have a PLT count of 518, which is an increase from 425 in January. What does this mean? How concerned should I be? I've been taking vitamins bc I am trying to reduce my cholestorol, can folic acid be the reason my PLT score has increased so much?

Have you been diagnosed with colon cancer?

Your PLT count of 518 means that your're having trombocitosis (normal level is 150-400) and there are some conditions that cause this such as diseases that affect the bone marrow,injury,massive bleeding, surgery, chronic inflammatory diseases(arthritis etc.), cancer, deficit of iron, recent infections, medicines (vinkristin, adrenalin, cytostatics) and i really don't believethat folic acid is causing it.
I'll suggest you to see your doctor
Best wishes
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Colorectal cancer is serious and life-threatening. This section outline types of colorectal cancers, causes and risk factors for development. Get the facts here...
Although most colon cancers begin slowly, there are some people who are more at risk of developing colorectal cancer than others. But who? And why?...
As symptoms of colorectal cancer appear, they typically vary upon location and size. Learn to identify signs and symptoms early. Know when to seek help....