Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

I Have a Question About a Lump near the base of my shaft.

About a few months ago after masterbation I noticed a rather large lump that had appeared near the base of my shaft. It was rather red, but didnt hurt to the touch. By the next morning it had gotten to about half of its size. When I noticed it the first time it looked exactly like a picture of a lymphocele I had seen once. However it was not near the head of the penis and it was long from north to south. I am only 16 years old and feel fine. By this time the lump is not even noticable and is about the size and shape of a small grain of rice.
I am a hypochondriac so you can imagine how much this must worry me. It however never really hurts unless I mess with it. I am worried it could be cancer but a few things make me think it is not. One it is getting smaller. ever since day one I have noticed a gradual change in size. Also it is not really hard. I cannot really tell the difference seing as it is much smaller now, but originally it seemed to be full of fluid and was easily squished and moved around.
However a few things confuse me. The lump seems to be attached to my skin. It also gets slightly bigger when I have an erection.
I have a physical soon and get it checked out but if anyone has any opinion on what it might be I would really be appreciative.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied December 28th, 2017
It is more likely that the lump is a small hydrocele or a cyst.

it would be recommended that you consult a doctor who can examine you and provide a proper opinion.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.