Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

My 6 Yr Old Has Lump In the Side of His Neck ....

Like I mentioned, my 6 yr. old son has a lump about the size of a lima bean that is hard on the side of his neck. Just below is right ear. I noticed it before about 6 months ago and it was the size of a pea, you could say it has grown. My son has not been sick in any way, not a cough or cold. He does breath really deeply and he snores really bad. He is going to see the doctor tomorrow,but I would like to know what to say and wondering what this might be Confused

Thanks AManda

BTW: the lump is NOT soft to the touch it does feel hard....
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 7th, 2007
hmmm it seems to me like a swollen lymph node. That is were a lymph node is. You should get it checked.
|

replied February 5th, 2009
What happened?
I was wondering what your doctor said? My daughter has one that sounds similar and am concerned that it could be serious.
|
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....