Because my glasses are between 8 and 12 dioptres I have recently decide to take a refractive surgeon down here in FL, but I must admit I am pretty scared about it. Does somebody already had a refractive surgery that can share some experience. Please Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 8th, 2007
Re: Refractive Surgeon Florida
blue_eyes wrote:
Because my glasses are between 8 and 12 dioptres I have recently decide to take a refractive surgeon down here in FL, but I must admit I am pretty scared about it. Does somebody already had a refractive surgery that can share some experience. Please Smile

Please be very careful. You have a very high prescription. Laser refractive surgeries (LASIK, PRK etc) carry a much higher risk in this range than they do in lower ranges - both for serious long-term complications like ectasia, and for ongoing issues like chronic dry eye (much more painful than it sounds) and reduced vision quality at night. Not trying to scare you off - but beware because the general statistics they quote are typically for low prescriptions not high.

You might want to look into lens implant procedures, which many doctors prefer for the very high prescriptions.

Another little pearl that too few people are aware of: If you are anywhere near the age for needing cataract surgery, don't even bother with vision correction surgery, because during cat surgery they will remove your lens and can correct the vision at that time. On the other hand, having had LASIK it is more difficult for them to figure out the correct lens implant for a cataract surgery.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....