I am a grown 28 yr old women. I have adult acne that wont seen to clear. I havent tried Proactive but its probably the only thing I havent tried. I wanted to know if it really works, or if its one of "these" that will make my face will break out even more once I stop useing it. I dont want to spend money on one more treatment that doesnt work. Im frustrated ! Got suggestions ? Embarassed
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 6th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
it works great1 but you could also see a dermotologist who can get rid of it for you by perscribing topical meds
|

replied August 7th, 2007
So I think it works VERY well, but my skin is super sensitive, so I can only use it once a week maybe twice....
But on the plus side, I have just ordered more, and I have heard that it is slightly different, like not as abrasive. Its on its way and I will let you know.
BTW if you think about getting it, get it thru QVC.com its cheaper than going directly through Proactiv. Smile
|

User Profile
replied August 13th, 2007
Joke
Yeah Proactive is a joke. I don't barely any acne but when I do get it then I am embarrassed. So I tried it and to no avail it did not work. Instead it left my face oily and only gave me worse acne then I started out with. I was disgusting. But maybe this won't happen to you.
|

User Profile
replied August 13th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
Its partly helpful. Its better to start clindamycin plus isotretinion combination at bed time.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acne and Skin Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.