Medical Questions > Parenting > Infants Forum

Baby's forehead is swollen + her hands and feet go blue - He

Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....
User Profile
I would like to know if you could help me I have got a 7 month old baby, last week was the second time since she was born that her forehead was swollen and her eyes was blinking and it looked like she had a headache and she was very grumpy. Her cheaks also gets realy red and you can see small vains, then her hands and feet also go blue. I just want to know what that symptoms can be and if it could be serious. She has never bumped her head. So it cant be that.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 12th, 2007
Baby Q and A, Baby Health Answer A3247
You definitely need to visit a pediatrician to examine your baby. Blue hands and feet could indicate some type of heart defect that can be confirmed via auscultation and heart ultrasound. Forehead swelling should be also checked by a medical doctor.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Infants , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.