Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

**worried-pregnant?** (Page 1)

I really need your input on this. It’s freaking me out.

Last sexual (unprotected?) contact was June 11th, then I had a period on June 13th. However, come July 3rd, I started feeling nauseaus, like your really tired up until July 7th, on which I felt really really weak and lethargic. I started having booby pains along with that. It’s erratic and it shoots pain like crazy…not sure what it’s called, I think it’s called Mastalgia (?)

On July 8th, I had a very light period. I thought period is done by July 10th. Morning of July 12th, I decided to use pantiliners but when i peed at work, i saw brown blood on my pantiliner. And then it’s gone throughout the day. The following day, same thing happened, I only had rusty brown on my pantiliners. During those times…I am still feeling dizzy and very weak…

I am suspecting that it’s an implantation bleeding. Not sure though…but last July 10th, I had my Blood HCG Test taken and it came out as a negative. I wasn’t satisfied since I’m still feeling the symptoms.

The nausea started to taper off after a week but my boobs still hurts from time to time. Like right now I am okay. I also started to feel something in my lower abdomen. It’s like someone is poking my lower right abdomen from time to time.

I am really getting anxious because I really don’t know what to do. I have immersed myself with too much googling of “early pregnancy symptoms” to the point of paranoia and I cannot even sleep at night. I even tried to have other bloodwork done (all the tests in blood) just to see if there’s something wrong with me but the results came out as normal…that I am well. Blast it.

The doctor asked me to do another blood HCG test and it came out negative…

but I hit another roadblock. Exactly 3 weeks after the “light bleeding”, (July 29th to be exact), I got another “light bleeding”. I wiped myself with tissue paper and it came out as light red, faint red. The pantiliner itself is enough. After the "light bleeding", my lower back started to ache, like around the lower spinal area.

Home PT still says negative.

For the meantime, what do you think it is?

Is it really true that it’s still too early to detect HCG levels? Or is the time frame already long to determine that I am pregnant? I know women are very different from each other when it comes to pregnancy. I am anxious. Very anxious. a lot of people say I am not…but I can still feel that there is something going on with my body.

Help? I am absolutely going bananas.

-*-*-
You know what is really a killer? I guess I have to raise the baby by myself…I have split with my boyfriend last time..so I guess it’s a double whammy.

Thank you and I hope I can get a fairly opinionated and rational response.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 5th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
if the bloodtest said negative then you are not pregnant and something is wrong
|

User Profile
replied August 6th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
usually you have to test at least 19 days after your missed period but some ladies take longer for their hgc levels to show up. speak to your doctor and see what he/she advises to do next.
|

User Profile
replied August 6th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
If you were pregnant, it would have shown up on the blood test and/or hpt by now. I'm thinking you're not pregnant.

It sounds like something could be going on with your hormones. Sometimes, your hormone levels shift and you will just start having lighter periods, ovulating early so you have periods 3 weeks apart, or having anovulatory bleeding--what seems like a period without ovulating (these cycles can be much much shorter or longer than normal). An occasional anovulatory bleed can be normal due to stress, change in diet or exercise, illness.

Your best bet is to go in and see your gynecologist and get your hormone levels tested as well as your thyroid and see what is going on with your cycles.

Imbalanced hormones can cause pregnancy type symptoms, as can thinking you are pregnant.
|

replied August 6th, 2007
Hi Rosejackson
rosejackson wrote:
usually you have to test at least 19 days after your missed period but some ladies take longer for their hgc levels to show up. speak to your doctor and see what he/she advises to do next.

Rosejackson,

the thing is i haven't really missed a period at all.
July 8th - light period super light
July 29th - much lighter than July 8th plus when you wipe it, the colour is faint red then as days went by it became rusty light brown.

Took HPT (First Response) Aug. 5th - negative
|

replied August 6th, 2007
Cln1812
cln1812 wrote:
If you were pregnant, it would have shown up on the blood test and/or hpt by now. I'm thinking you're not pregnant.

It sounds like something could be going on with your hormones. Sometimes, your hormone levels shift and you will just start having lighter periods, ovulating early so you have periods 3 weeks apart, or having anovulatory bleeding--what seems like a period without ovulating (these cycles can be much much shorter or longer than normal). An occasional anovulatory bleed can be normal due to stress, change in diet or exercise, illness.

Your best bet is to go in and see your gynecologist and get your hormone levels tested as well as your thyroid and see what is going on with your cycles.

Imbalanced hormones can cause pregnancy type symptoms, as can thinking you are pregnant.

hi cln1812,
Aug 5th - First Response Test HPT - Negative

I am dumbfounded. Still really feeling preggo up until know ma'am.. Really. Well I have not experienced anything like this before...and obviously through the process of elimination, I would go back from the last sexual contact that I had...

Btw, with the spotting that I had...the colour and flow seems like it's so different, plus the lower spinal backaches. I am not really wishing for this to happen as I don't want to be preggo.
Truth to tell, the baggage might be more on emotions as I am still not prepared for everything.

Were there cases wherein HCGs cannot be detected at all (up to this time) & end up being pregnant?
I am not defying the results...just dumbfounded.

If I get an Ultrasound, will it show already if there is something inside?
|

replied August 6th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i doubt your pregnant hun
if the hpt and blood test said neg then your not preg and your period was just light
|

replied August 8th, 2007
Hello
the_girlfreind wrote:
if the hpt and blood test said neg then your not preg and your period was just light

STill feel queasy right now!!!
|

User Profile
replied August 8th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
then it sounds like you are not pregnant hun, you can always take another test to be sure but im thinking that'll be a waste of time
|

replied August 10th, 2007
Hi Rose
rosejackson wrote:
then it sounds like you are not pregnant hun, you can always take another test to be sure but im thinking that'll be a waste of time

Hi Rose Embarassed
I have taken my last HCG Test last Aug. 7 and it's a negative.
Wow. Im paranoid eh?

So the doctors had me checked for other hormonal imbalance clues and they found out that my hormone DHEA-S or the Androgen hormone is higher.

The normal for women aged 13-29 is <11.0 while I have gotten a 13.9

I also did a pelvic ultrasound / transvaginal

and this is what it said on the result:

The uterus measures 24 x 35 x 66mm
The endometrium is unremarkable at 3 mm dlm
The ovaries are normal. there is no free fluid.
No obvious hernia is identified.

OH well. I still haven't gotten my normal period yet.
|

replied August 10th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
Re: Hello
notyourgurl wrote:
the_girlfreind wrote:

STill feel queasy right now!!!

ooh did you know stress can cause a missed or delayed period? that might be why you havent gotten it yet because you have to stay calm and not freak out ok?
|

replied August 11th, 2007
well then the real test is to wait by my period this august. By period means me having the normal flow of period.

I am calm now. Shocked
|

replied August 13th, 2007
Help Again
sigh.
how long would you know if you're really preggo?
i have a poking sensation on my lower right abdomen...
and i can't make it as anything else...
btw, my areolas /nipples are still enlarged
help?

Is it really true that it’s still too early to detect HCG levels?

where are my HCG's. I mean im already calm...and just wanna get to the bottom of it...

Like u know that you think you're not and then suddenly you will come to realize that you are preggo.

Embarassed
|

replied August 17th, 2007
i need more input on this please...
|

Especially eHealthy
If you've taken a blood test and it was negative, then you're NOT pregnant... not much more we can say until nine months pass. Either a baby will pop out, or you'll just move on.
|

Especially eHealthy
notyourgurl wrote:
i need more input on this please...

you are NOT PREGNANT the blood test was NEGATIVE so no matter what you are NOT haveing a baby
|

replied August 22nd, 2007
Different Approach
im starting to look at a different approach

http://ehealthforum.com/health/viewtopic.p hp?t=5883&postdays=0&postorder=asc &start=0&sid=d3234b122fa2ddfaa5057 321734bcdcc

well we know our bodies more than anybody else's so... i wont close this case...until i get to the bottom of this. Sad

im spotting again / light period.
|

Especially eHealthy
ok...

NEGATIVE blood test means that you are NOT pregnant

i know you think you may be but you are NOT pregnant ok?
|

the_girlfreind wrote:
ok...

hun. im just sharing this.
it can happen to anyone.
|

Especially eHealthy
notyourgurl wrote:
the_girlfreind wrote:
ok...

hun. im just sharing this.
it can happen to anyone.

Did it happen to someone you or someone you know? You seem to be speaking from experience in reference to negative blood tests yet the girl is still pregnant.
|
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...