*sigh* ok here goes.

you guys must be so sick of me, lol. I'm definitely sick of myself still around and no baby. They called me Saturday morning and rescheduled me for Sunday, today. I already had a nonstress test scheduled so I'm going in anyway, but who knows if they will bump me again. It's just our wonderful Manitoba healthcare system. I have no other option because there is only one other hospital that delivers babies and I couldn't get a midwife, so I'm stuck with the docs at this hospital.

Anyway, I'm reading a lot about inductions and getting a LOT of negative information about them. I had looked up posts on it on this forum and they were locked because people were arguing about them. It seems like there are two opposite opinions on it. There are either women who are militantly against it or women who want it done whether it is medically indicated or not. I can't seem to find real info on my own situation.

I am at least 3 cm dilated and my cervix is ripe. I already had two sweeps and have pretty much lost my plug completely.

I am 13 days overdue today.

My blood pressure is a little on the high side.

The baby is measuring at almost 10 pounds.

The baby is engaged (and has been for a long time, the pressure is killing me).

The ultrasound date was really close to my LMP date. (3 days off?)

So, while I am against induction and wish I could go in natural, I am also worried about any danger to the baby I might be causing if I am stubborn and refuse an induction. People tell me that an ultrasound can tell me that the baby is going to be okay but then, shouldn't it also tell me that the date is accurate? Same goes for the baby's weight, if it is inaccurate for that, how can I trust it to tell me the baby and placenta are alright?

I am not even going to get into how many people are waiting on me and how miserable and uncomfortable I am because it is the baby that is my first priority. Does anyone have any good information about induction??? I still haven't decided what to do, I am going to talk to the doc today and ask some questions. I don't want to hear that I am a bad mother or selfish or whatever, I am just looking for some info if anyone has been in a similar situation. I'm just kind of lost and frustrated because I am in a lot of pain all the time and worried sick about what is the best thing to do for my baby. I wish I could trust the doctors completely, but the fact is I don't.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 5th, 2007
Most Diplomatic Poster
oh well.

they just called us in and said "you're getting induced". so i guess i'm just gonna do it. the nurse sounded like a real you know what. i don't want to ask her any questions about it because she sounds like her mind is already made up anyway. i guess i'll just do my best.
|

User Profile
replied August 5th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
ok im sorry you didnt get the answers you wanted. with all my experience in knowing people who've been induced there's not been any problems and it is safer to go into labour as you're overdue by so much. good luck and i hope all goes well. sending you love x
|

replied August 5th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
good luck karen

Sad

it will all be fine!!!!
|

replied August 5th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I hope you end up having a quick easy labor. As overdue as you are that baby should come flyin' out!! Good luck.
|

User Profile
replied August 5th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Good luck! I think it is best for you to go ahead an be induced. Once you start going past your due date the placenta doesn't function as well. I can't remember exactly how past due that it starts. I think you are doing the right thing though.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...