How is everyone doing? Things have been so crazy for me this past week.
DH and I got news last Thursday that one of our good friends was in a coma from a bee sting and he had severe swelling of the brain and he didn't have a good chance at making it. Well, this past Tuesday we found out that they were taking the respirators off and that was it. Well we raced back home and got home at 2:30am (6 1/2 hour drive). The funeral was going to be Friday, but now it is Sunday afternoon. It has been really hard for all of us, but it has been good that we were able to be around all of our friends that had known him.

Well, Friday was my Birthday - the dreaded 30 - and I didn't think that I was going to have much of a birthday, but my friends had a party for me at a resturant/bar that we all love to go to, so it was nice. They had a cake and sang and everything. I think it was good that we were all able to get out and not think about everything.

And as far as the ttc business... I ovulated last Friday the 27th, and I am still in my tww, but obviously that has been the furthest thing from my mind. I was actually going to test early this weekend, because af is due on Wednesday, but now I am going to wait until at least Tuesday morning, because we are not going to get home until Monday afternoon. I am trying not to think about it, because it seems like everyone who didn't think about things are the ones that ended up pregnant. Soooo,,,,, we shall see.

Hope everyone is great!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 4th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I'm doing well. And my nausea is still here as well in all its glory. I am still having to take zofran at least once a day to even function. In the last two weeks, I worked four days because I couldn't go pick up my medicine. I will be so glad when we move in to the cheaper house.
|

replied August 4th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
hi star!!! ahh ive been ok
glad your B day got better :] i hope you had fun!

well lets see kristen has been moving alot. im feeling alot of activity in my tummy form her

me and travis just got done re doing our upstairs living area. we went out and bought a mini fridge and microwave and a recliner chair so that i dont have to walk up and down the stairs everytime i get hungry or thirsty
Confused

so thats basically it
hope the rest of yalls weekend goes well :]
|

replied August 5th, 2007
Active User, very eHealthy
I'm so sorry about your friend. My dh is allergic to bee stings. Because of your story, I think I'm going to make him take his epipen with him when he goes out today. He leaves it here a lot, where it can't do him as much good.

It's good to have a distraction during hte 2ww, but not that kind of distraction. Best of luck testing this week and I wish you strength as you mourn your friend! I'm glad you had your friends around you for your birthday.

My chart looks funky this month. I think I may have ovulated last Sunday, one day before we used the cup. Oh well, nothing I can do about it now.
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/17d324

Monkeygirl - I hope that ms goes away soon. I hear that for some women, it is like a dark cloud being lifted when they enter their 2nd trimester.

Girlfriend - Sounds like you're getting pretty pampered now. Very Happy I'd be in trouble if I couldn't go up and down stairs because we have four levels!
|

User Profile
replied August 5th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I hope it is like a dark cloud being lifted because my 2nd trimester starts Friday. I really don't see an end in sight right now though. Some days can be pretty good and then I just throw up all day the next day.
|

replied August 5th, 2007
Well I hope your nausea ends very soon!
|

replied August 6th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Stefani-I hopw you are feeling better soon and you can start to enjoy this pregnancy.

Suzi - it sounds like your living area is coming together very nice. Now you can let Travis pamper you.

Shorty - If I can stress anything, please get your husband to take his epipen with him everywhere he goes. My friend didn't take it with him everywhere and he always would freak out, justifiably, everytime he would see a bee and he didn't have his pen. He would always say "I could die if I get stung". Man I just started crying typing that. If you can tell him what happened to my friend maybe you can convince him to take it with him all the time. They say that you only have 4 minutes to give yourself the shot before you start to suffocate your brain from lack of oxygen.

I actually just got home at 1pm today. Woke up at 5am and left at 6, so I am really tired, but felt the need to come to work since I was out for 3 days. The funeral was yesterday and it was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. There was not a dry eye in the church. 300 people came to the service, that's how much of an impact this man had on people. He will be missed. I was scared to death about the service, but now that it is over, I feel closure and feel comforted that he is with his creator and he is looking down on us saying "Ha ha guys, I got here first"

Well, tomorrow I am going to test, I haven't had many symptoms other than more gas than usual, some nausia, and some cramping in the center of my belly under my navel. If I have cramps before af comes, they are almost always on the right side...kinda makes me think I have a cyst, but it isn't really painful. Anyways, the cramps feel like my belly is being pulled on. I also feel like I could be getting a uti so maybe that is why I feel that way. I also think I got dehydrated this past week. So who knows.
|

User Profile
replied August 6th, 2007
Experienced User
Hi everyone! Glad to hear from everybody.

Star, I am so sorry about your friend. My dh is allergic to bees and I never quite accepted the seriousness of it, and he always forgets his epipen. Thank you for bringing attention to it, I am just so sorry again for your loss.

Everything is going good here. I am currently on cd 32. I don't really know if I am late because clomid has changed my cycle so much. I didn't use opks this month, so I have no idea when i ovulated. I got a bfn last monday (I am so impatient) so I decided to leave it alone and just wait for af or major pg symptoms to show. Right now I am just having sore bbs, but no cramps like last month with the chemical pg. If I was betting on it I would say I am not pg. I don't feel anything really. I don't even feel like af is coming. So, who knows.
|

User Profile
replied August 6th, 2007
Supporter
Happy Birthday
Happy Birthday *STAR*.....so very sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. I too am allergice to bees/wasp stings. This is a tragic event. I have you in my prayers to become a MOMMY very soon! Fingers crossed and FAIRY DUST to you! Laughing
|

replied August 6th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Allergic to Bee Stings?
Wow,

I am supprised to hear that three people on here have husbands or are themselves allergic to bee stings.

Please please tell them to stap it to their leg or something. You never know when you may need it, and it can save your life. It could have saved my friends life.

I am curious to know how you or your hubby discovered that they were allergic to bee stings. I have never (knocks on wood) been stung by a bee, so how would I know if I was allergic to them? My friend was stung when he was younger and that is how he found out. They say that it gets worse as you get older also.

I am very interested in any information you ladies have to help me understand this. I think it will help put my mind at ease a little about his death.
|

User Profile
replied August 6th, 2007
Supporter
Hi
You know its kinda weird, I was never allergic to bees/wasps stings until I had my daughter 24 years ago. How I found out? When she was one, I got stung by a yellow jacket on the hand, my entire hand was swollen hte size of a baseball glove. I went to the ER and thats when I learned I hwas allergic. I do keep an Epipen at all times. Before having my daughter I'd been stung numerous times and never had a reaction like the ones I do now. If you are stung, immediatelt scrape the stinger out. If it becomes really red and starts to swell bad, get to the ER. Also anywhere near you face, neck area be especially cautious. It hurts to get stung, normally the area will swell a bit then itch for a couple days. Hope this helps! Laughing
|

User Profile
replied August 7th, 2007
Experienced User
My husband was stung as a child also, and that is how he found out. He said it starts as a normal sting, then it just keeps growing until his airway shuts off. I guess you don't know until you get stung. That seems pretty risky though. When we have children, I will definately ask the doctor if there is a way to find out because of dh. I don't know if it is hereditary or not.
|

replied August 7th, 2007
My dh also found out as a kid. Because of camping and boy scouts, he has been stung numerous times. He says that Benadril works for him. He hasn't been stung since I've known him (seven years) but I'm pretty anal about stashing Benadril in numerous places. He usually doesn't carry the Epipen with him unless we are travelling.

I've only been stung a few times in my life and I don't react much at all.

Have you tested yet, Star? Good luck!

I've got my own last week distraction from my 2ww. I'll post something about it later.
|

replied August 7th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Shorty - that's good that your hubby isn't that allergic to them. From my understanding, as soon as my friend got stung, he instantly started swelling up everywhere. At least that is how he would always explain it if it were to happen.

So, yeah I tested this morning and got a bfn. But I am supposed to start af tomorrow, and I don't have the usually signs. My bbs are not sore at all. But sometimes they get sore just a little bit, and other times they get ridiculously sore, so I can't count that as anything. My temp is still way up today, but that doesn't mean anything either, because in my haste to leave for VA, I forgot my thermometer and I also forgot my prenatals. So I went a week without both. So I don't really know about this month at all.

My next time to ovulate is while we are on vacation in Maine with family. I think we are going to have to make a few trips to the beach by ourselves....Just kidding Laughing
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....