Goodevening,

i have a doubt about my colorblindness(red-green). Can i have colorblindness if none of his parents are colorblind? Because i have it and my parents/brother do not have.

Also, 5yrs back i mistakenly drank 2 tablespoons Betadine(red-like solution which is applied on wound). What effect it could have caused in my body? Is my colorblindness due to it?

Please advice.
thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 6th, 2007
Re: Color Blindness Question
123username123 wrote:
Goodevening,

i have a doubt about my colorblindness(red-green). Can i have colorblindness if none of his parents are colorblind? Because i have it and my parents/brother do not have.

Also, 5yrs back i mistakenly drank 2 tablespoons Betadine(red-like solution which is applied on wound). What effect it could have caused in my body? Is my colorblindness due to it?

Please advice.
thank you.

Color blindness can be passed on indirectly (ie not in an 'autosomal dominant' fashion), it is most often an inherited condition. Betadine would not cause this problem.

regards

Peter
|

User Profile
replied October 21st, 2011
Typically, color blindness is inherited, but that's not the only way you can end up with this condition. Injuries, aging and certain health conditions can result in colorblindness as well.
|
Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....