Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Pregnancy Community Chat Forum

Anybody Knowledgable About Cameras?

User Profile
Chris & I are going to buy a digital camera..

I want to spend as little as possible,
but still get an amazing camera that'll
at least last me a couple of years &
take amazing pictures..

I want to spent a maximum of about $250.
$300 would be pushing it, but it's doable.

If anyone knows a decent amount about
digital cameras.. Would you be willing
to go to bestbuy.com & check it out for
me & tell me what would be good?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id =cat04001&type=category&categoryRe p=cat04000

I would be super so grateful.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 4th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I just bought a Nikon Dx40. Because I considered my camera to be a major purchase, I want to know what 'the best' for me is. I did a lot of research. The circuit city website (gives user ratings) would be a good place to research a camera under $200 and I always like epinions. People who own or have owned the camera are going to be the best 'experts' to listen to.
|

User Profile
replied August 4th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i bought a good one for 160 bucks a couple years back it was like 3 or 5 megapixels , grr i forget the name of it my brother has it now and its still going strong, its weather proof too so if its sprinkling outside its ok, i think it was a samsung hmm no it was an olympus i think those are really good, as bad as my bro treats stuff imsuprise it still works after a couple yrs, my parents took it here to germany with them Smile
|

User Profile
replied August 4th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/ cpg_archived_product_details.asp?fl=2& id=902
that is the one i got when i was pregnatn with joseph, it takes good pics for emailing purposes etc , the megapixels are lower, but i dont see a difference between like 3-4 megapixels and 8. or maybe it had 6 or 5. but its still going strong Smile and its a rechargable battery comes with charger usually i got it at circuit city
|

replied August 4th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i have a sony cybershot and i love it
they have lots of colors too
blue
red pink black silver
i think mine was $380

but youmight be able to find one for cheaper
i bought mine at target
|

User Profile
replied August 4th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
i ddint know the sony cybershot had colors, i got mine at the px here, it has the touch screen its awesome its like 8.2 megapixels , i had a kodak easy share before , hadnt even had it a yr and i had to get it sent out for repairs and it started working really crappy, my camera was like 430 or something . i want a pink digital camera Smile
|

replied August 4th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
I have a pink fugifilm finepix. it was 199 at the exchange so i didnt pay tax on it. i love it cuz it has the video feature and when u watch the video u can hear th sound that was recorded really clearly. + it takes pics really quickly so u dont have to wait between shots and they are sssoo clear. if u cant tell i love it. i saw it at walmart for 179 on sale one day

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do? product_id=5634163

thats it.
|

User Profile
replied August 4th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
i have a Kodak easy share with 50x zoom...
we got it on ebay... for like $200..
and my dad just bought a cannon EOS rebel (regularly $900)
for $300 on ebay and it looks brand new...

i'd check ebay for some...
they have some really good prices and nice stuff..
|

replied August 4th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
We have the Casio Exilim. It was around 400 with the warranty. We bought it from an online store in New York. The prices were cheaper. The new version's been out for about a year or so, you'd probably be able to get it for less than what we paid. The warranty wasn't worth it either. It's an awesome camera.
|

replied August 4th, 2007
Especially eHealthy
tinkinpink84 wrote:
i ddint know the sony cybershot had colors, i got mine at the px here, it has the touch screen its awesome its like 8.2 megapixels , i had a kodak easy share before , hadnt even had it a yr and i had to get it sent out for repairs and it started working really crappy, my camera was like 430 or something . i want a pink digital camera Smile

yep i had a kodak too
it sucked. the sonys are the best cameras ive ever had
mine is silver
but they have lots of colors :]
|

User Profile
replied August 4th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
http://www.amazon.com/Fujifilm-Finepix-Dig ital-Optical-Brushed/dp/B000LRBWZO/ref=sr_ 1_8/105-7710729-8635635?ie=UTF8&s=phot o&qid=1186283896&sr=1-8

This is what i have. I have had it for 3 years, and still work like brand new. It's sad to see that price. When i bought it i got it for 400$ Sad
|

replied August 4th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
I have a kodak easyshare Z650 and I love it. My husband got it for me for Christmas. It was like $200

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jht ml?pq-path=8016&pq-locale=en_US&_r equestid=2794
|

User Profile
replied August 4th, 2007
I had a Sony Cybershot for several years in high school, and I loved it. It was the best camera ever. Recently I figured it was time to get a new one (and my husband and I had just gotten a new puppy and taking pictures with the sony was hard when she moved because of it's slow shutter speeds) so I looked around and tried out everything. I finally decided on a Canon Powershot SD750... and let me tell you, it will change your life if you enjoy taking pictures! It has face detection and a stabilization feature so it's almost impossible to take a blurry picture when you have decent lighting. The face detection picture is also wonderful... it recognizes up to eight faces in the frame (including cats and dogs) and targets them so that no matter what, the face comes out crystal clear. It also has a built in imageprocessor incase it actually DOES take a blurry picture, it fixes it right before your eyes and becomes clearer. In the store my husband and I picked it up and it recognized the faces of women shopping, and went they went behind an aisle out of view, it actually followed them and knew where they were THROUGH the wall! Also, it was amazing when we zoomed in all the way across the store to a television playing a movie, took a picture, and then saw the camera automatically process the picture and make it clear. It's so cool! Smile It has tons of features, and even though I was so used to and in love with Cybershots, transitioning to this camera was a breeze. It has a special feature where it lets you take a picture in black and white and select only one color to come through, and those are always awesome to see! It's a really great camera, and it's definitely the best you can get for the money. I got mine at target a few months ago, but it is available every where.

Just for an example, this is a picture I took the FIRST DAY I had the camera before I knew a thing about it. There's no extra features turned on and my puppy was as hyper as ever, as it was her first trip to the park:

|

User Profile
replied August 4th, 2007
This is it:

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerShot-Digi tal-Camera-Optical/dp/B000NK6J6Q

I'm begging you to at least pick this camera up before you buy anything else! Laughing
|

User Profile
replied August 5th, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
We have a Nikon Coolpix and it is 6 megapixels. It is an awesome camera and easy to learn to use. We got it for less than $200 at Circuit City. I would defnitely look in to this brand at least.
|
Must Read
What happens during labor? What do contractions feel like? And how do I know that labor has begun? Read on to learn about birthing basics....
Signs of labor occur after 36 weeks of pregnancy. Learn about the difference between real and false contractions. Plus, we outline signs of delivery complicati...
Almost all women worry about the pain of childbirth. Preparing for childbirth includes thinking about how you'd like to cope with the pain of labor. Read on for...