Medical Questions > Parenting > Parenting Community Forum

Ready to Go Crazy...help!!

Hi, i'm 25 years old and 8 months pregnant with my second child. The problem is I never raised my first child, who is now 8 years old. My mother raised him and although I love him very much I know nothing about raising a baby. I suffer from stress and anxiety disorder and am on xanax but I am terrified that I won't be able to handle our new baby and I don't want my baby to suffer from my attacks. I would never abuse a child. I am just scared that I won't be a good mother again and my child will grow up to hate me. Does anyone have any advice Question
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 6th, 2003
Hi Here 2 Help.
You said you dont want your child to suffer on your attacks is the fathers child around to help you supervise the child and to support the both of you. Maybe with your problem you should go see a shrink to help you out with your anxiety with the future?
|

replied September 11th, 2003
Hope I Can Help
I am also 25 . My husband and I are trying to get pregnant. I know what are you feeling when it comes to stress . You are proballly focusing all of it on rasing your first child when really just being pregnant alone can be stressfull. I know how u feel about the aniexty attacks I have really bad ones also and iam taking xanax for them. Try to look at it this way you have been blessed with another child. ( kinda like another chance to be the mother you want to be!) try to focus on all the good things and all the happiness that your baby will bring to your life. I know it is easier for someone who suffers from aneixty to focus on the worst case before the good. Meds help but it is also something to need to try to work on in your mind to for your sake of the child you already have and the beautiful baby you have on the way, and most importantly the sake of your own well being. I have a question for you also what are some of the effects that the doctor told you that taking xanax while pregnant will have on your baby. That is one thing that I have been wondering about because I have aniexty attacks thinking about it and what will I do when I become pregnant and I can't take anything for them . Well I guess I will have to try to control my stress but if you understand the atttacks I feel like iam having a heart attack. Well I hope I helped and I understand your aneixty. If you need anyone to talk to you can PM me.
good luck, my prayers are with you
Smile dacia
|
Quick Reply
Answers to Similar Questions
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Mitaly Pathak Agarwal
User Profile
Dr. Kelly Romirowsky
User Profile
Dr. Nikola Gjuzelov
User Profile
Dr. Jeff Bailey
Must Read
What is chicken pox? And what are the stages of the infection? Click here for chicken pox basics....
How does chicken pox spread? Click here for information on who is most at risk of contracting chicken pox and how children and adults get chicken pox....
What do chicken pox look like? We outline the signs and symptoms here with info on possible complications and when you should seek medical help for the pox....