Hey...I don't know if anyone is even going to read this or not. I went to the Dr two weeks ago because I've had some problems with losing my balance lately. On the same day that I had my dr's appt, I noticed a small pea-sized lump under my left armpit. It was extremely painful to touch. Since I was at the dr's already, I did tell her about it, but par for the course, I was nervous and I couldn't even find it anymore when I went, but she told me that it could be a small cyst. I'm like, alright...so it actually went away after about 4 days, but now, a week and a half later, I have found another small, painful pea-sized lump but in a totally different spot under the same armpit. I'm just kind of freaked out. I realize at my age that I probably don't have breast cancer. But I've always had this thing where one of my boobs is bigger than the other. I know that there is always some sort of variation, but mine is major--like two cup sizes and the larger one is the left one. I know I'm kinda rambling, but I'm really freaked out...don't know if anyone has any advice or not??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 21st, 2007
Extremely eHealthy
Re: Armpit Lumps
merchildofgod wrote:
Hey...I don't know if anyone is even going to read this or not. I went to the Dr two weeks ago because I've had some problems with losing my balance lately. On the same day that I had my dr's appt, I noticed a small pea-sized lump under my left armpit. It was extremely painful to touch. Since I was at the dr's already, I did tell her about it, but par for the course, I was nervous and I couldn't even find it anymore when I went, but she told me that it could be a small cyst. I'm like, alright...so it actually went away after about 4 days, but now, a week and a half later, I have found another small, painful pea-sized lump but in a totally different spot under the same armpit. I'm just kind of freaked out. I realize at my age that I probably don't have breast cancer. But I've always had this thing where one of my boobs is bigger than the other. I know that there is always some sort of variation, but mine is major--like two cup sizes and the larger one is the left one. I know I'm kinda rambling, but I'm really freaked out...don't know if anyone has any advice or not??

You're doctor is right. If it was a cancer you would probably found bigger, hard, non-tender lumps under your armpit. I'll suggest you to continue tracking lumps and every time to inform your doctor about every change of your breast. Don't forget to do your monthly self check ups.

Good luck!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....